Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-10: Brewers (González) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers win, 7-0 -- Five hurlers combine to pitch shutout]

Eye Black
Pat Hughes is still fine to listen to but Ron Coomer is terrible as the color man. Just brutal.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst part about Cubs radio is Ron Coomer, sure.

A close second is the sheer amount of ads. What other broadcast has a sponsor for such concepts as "The Northwestern Medical Heart of the Order."

Ueck talking about sausage can be annoying to some, sure. I get it. But the Cubs would sell access to Maddon's facial hair if they thought it would make 30 bucks.

I'm hardly the biggest Braun fan on the board, but it's so rich to see Cub fans loudly boo him after gleefully watching woman-beater Addison Russell turn a double play.

My only thought is, would we (our fans) do the same? I think we would for the most part which sucks.

Personally, I wanted Braun traded after the scandal, but that's neither here nor there, I get why they stood by him. I get why they stood by Hader too -- to me those things don't compare to what Russell did, all the evidence points to him (Russell) just being a genuinely terrible person, but I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on things.

I'd like to think someone like we'd have moved on from Russell and we'd never found out how fans would react, but who knows. We never distanced ourselves from K-Rod under similar circumstances.

It's an interesting debate and I don't know the answer. I look at the Chiefs, they moved on from Kareem Hunt and who knows what will happen with Tyreek Hill. But if another team is just going to scoop these players up for virtually nothing, like Cleveland did with Hunt, I would find it difficult to blame any franchise for making the decision to just keep their player and try to weather the bad publicity. It's a difficult road, if the league isn't going to step in and ban a guy for life how do you proceed?

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Gio has to get the out at 2nd on that bunt. Ugh

I'm good with him getting the sure out there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Forecast calling for 10 mph winds all weekend from N to NE to E, so blowing in, with temps upper 40s today low 50s Tom and mid 40s Sunday. Imo brewers not a cold weather team, certainly don’t play many games in the cold like the Cubbies do, so I’d give a slight advantage to the Cubbies this weekend.

Sounds like the weather saved the Brewers 3 runs there

Of course the Cubs broadcast is saying Hernan Peréz, wrong pronunciation.

To be fair, Rock can be a little brutal with opposing player pronunciations sometimes. Heck, sometimes he screws up Tavern of the Game... But I still love the guy.

not sure if anyone remembers that early season 4 game sweep at the hands of the Cubs at Wrigley last year early, when the same type of winds made that park virtually homer proof. The Brewers lost all four games after just crushing balls into the wind that died as harmless outs.

here's hoping for a complete 180 this weekend

Of course the Cubs broadcast is saying Hernan Peréz, wrong pronunciation.

To be fair, Rock can be a little brutal with opposing player pronunciations sometimes. Heck, sometimes he screws up Tavern of the Game... But I still love the guy.

Yes, but Spanish includes the pronunciation right there in the spelling for you, so less excuse

Archived