Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-10: Brewers (González) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers win, 7-0 -- Five hurlers combine to pitch shutout]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

47817319021_f41c5d48d0_c.jpg

47765064052_d85d8b09c5_c.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cubs Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Albert Almora Jr. ® CF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Kris Bryant ® LF

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B

4. Yasmani Grandal (S) C 4. Javier Baez ® SS

5. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B 5. Willson Contreras ® C

6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 6. David Bote ® 3B

7. Hernan Perez ® 2B 7. Jason Heyward (L) RF

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Addison Russell ® 2B

9. Gio Gonzalez ® P 9. Jose Quintana ® P[/pre]

Gio González: Batter (Cubs) vs Pitching Stats

José Quintana: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forecast calling for 10 mph winds all weekend from N to NE to E, so blowing in, with temps upper 40s today low 50s Tom and mid 40s Sunday. Imo brewers not a cold weather team, certainly don’t play many games in the cold like the Cubbies do, so I’d give a slight advantage to the Cubbies this weekend.

Forecast calling for 10 mph winds all weekend from N to NE to E, so blowing in, with temps upper 40s today low 50s Tom and mid 40s Sunday. Imo brewers not a cold weather team, certainly don’t play many games in the cold like the Cubbies do, so I’d give a slight advantage to the Cubbies this weekend.

So what does that mean? How does a slight advantage manifest in wins/losses? Most teams have a slight advantage being at home anyway.

If my math is correct the Cubs are 10 for 60 against Gio. For as much as Quintana seems to be a Brewer kkller, Gio seems to be just as much of a Cubs killer

D9X1ENl.png

Good call, not a ton of at bats, but he's faired pretty well against them.

So what does that mean? How does a slight advantage manifest in wins/losses? Most teams have a slight advantage being at home anyway.

What does that mean?

Not sure I need to comment any further.

Community Moderator

What does that mean?

I would guesstimate the likelihood of each potential outcome for this series at somewhere around...

Cubs 2-1 (50%)

Crew 2-1 (35%)

Cubs 3-0 (10%)

Crew 3-0 (5%)

If you're saying a possible Cubs weather advantage swings it to...

Cubs 2-1 (52%)

Crew 2-1 (33%)

Cubs 3-0 (11%)

Crew 3-0 (4%)

Sure, why not.

giphy.gif

Brewers with 100% chance of winning today.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I am positive there is no need for you to comment further...........on anything. I mean if you have three aces in your hand and one on the river why continue to pour it on. I think you absolutely nailed it.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Of course I’m on the road and MLB at bat app is only broadcasting the Cubs radio broadcast even when I have it on the Brewers broadcast for WTMJ

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm hardly the biggest Braun fan on the board, but it's so rich to see Cub fans loudly boo him after gleefully watching woman-beater Addison Russell turn a double play.

My only thought is, would we (our fans) do the same? I think we would for the most part which sucks.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I am positive there is no need for you to comment further...........on anything. I mean if you have three aces in your hand and one on the river why continue to pour it on. I think you absolutely nailed it.

Feel better?

If the answere is yes, then I feel sorry for you.

I'm hardly the biggest Braun fan on the board, but it's so rich to see Cub fans loudly boo him after gleefully watching woman-beater Addison Russell turn a double play.

My only thought is, would we (our fans) do the same? I think we would for the most part which sucks.

Personally, I wanted Braun traded after the scandal, but that's neither here nor there, I get why they stood by him. I get why they stood by Hader too -- to me those things don't compare to what Russell did, all the evidence points to him (Russell) just being a genuinely terrible person, but I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on things.

I'd like to think someone like we'd have moved on from Russell and we'd never found out how fans would react, but who knows. We never distanced ourselves from K-Rod under similar circumstances.

MLB audio is only playing the Cubs feed for me even thought I have it set to WTMJ. Hopefully they make some horrible errors and I can hear them whine

Don't they pretty much do that anyway? Although in the most smug way possible.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived