Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-08: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-3 -- HRs from Yelich, Moustakas, and Piña as Woodruff notches his 5th win of the season]

Eye Black
Verified Member
Anyone know when BA is back in the booth? Matt Lepay is about as good a standin as you can get, but I miss BA.

I missed him at first, but he is a distant memory now. Lepay has been great!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tinfoil hat time --- Burch Smith is coming in to mop up the 9th, after pitching two innings last night. This is typically how this team uses a pitcher who is about to join the San Antonio shuttle. Unless they are going to activate Wilkerson from the 10-day injured list, there is no other obvious pitching candidate for a call up. Could they be looking at bringing up a bat for this weekend? Hmmm ...

Tinfoil hat time --- Burch Smith is coming in to mop up the 9th, after pitching two innings last night. This is typically how this team uses a pitcher who is about to join the San Antonio shuttle. Unless they are going to activate Wilkerson from the 10-day injured list, there is no other obvious pitching candidate for a call up. Could they be looking at bringing up a bat for this weekend? Hmmm ...

Shaw says "hold my beer" when it comes to joining the San Antonia shuttle after that grounder...sheesh

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was weird. A starter in the minors and pitched two innings 17 hours ago. I was thinking it was Jeffress' inning.

Anyone know when BA is back in the booth? Matt Lepay is about as good a standin as you can get, but I miss BA.

I missed him at first, but he is a distant memory now. Lepay has been great!

A part of me dies inside every time he says "breakeven pitch". Other than that, he's been fine.

I don't have a problem with BA expanding his horizons though. I think there was a pretty mutual understanding between us and him for awhile now that this was part of the deal and he could have moved on from the Brewers long ago if he had wanted to.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yeah. I'm about good on Shaw.

He has had a really long leash.

But since he has options, its time to go to AAA to figure it out.

I doubt Shaw is going anywhere but the bench for the time being. I've been wrong before when it comes to player moves, tough.

I doubt Shaw is going anywhere but the bench for the time being. I've been wrong before when it comes to player moves, tough.

Yeah, I'm kind of there too. I don't see it, but I never would have imagined before last season that Santana would spend a good portion of the year in AAA.

As usual the Cubs have their 3 lefties lined up to face the Brewers, so I suspect Shaw will be out of the starting lineup this weekend. He looks as lost as a hitter can be.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
Was really hoping to keep Hader off the mound, but low pitch count and day off makes me rest easy. I want him well rested for the stretch run. How good is Yelich? I laugh now when he hits a home run. Just unconscious.

It's fun being the hottest team in baseball.

Are you a Cubs fan?

While recognizing the Brewers 6 wins in a row, the Cubs winning 9 of their last 10 and 16 of their last 20 is more impressive. Bryant and Rizzo are smoking hot on the Cubs current homestand. The Brewers pitchers are going to be facing a much different challenge than they have faced the last 6 games.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived