Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-08: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-3 -- HRs from Yelich, Moustakas, and Piña as Woodruff notches his 5th win of the season]

Eye Black
It was always kind of surprising there weren't more Brewers asked up to the booth to talk about their time as a Brewer. It usually has to be someone like Yount or Fielder for it to happen. I'm interested in some of the better players in our history and the stories they have during their time playing.

I'm not watching this game. But general question.

If they have the minor league director, or whatever brass in for a half inning and it goes quickly, why do they not have them stay for another half inning? There can't be that tight a schedule on these guys. I don't get that at all. Especially if the game isn't that tight.

A very good question that I have asked myself before.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
87 through five. This is where CC has pulled Woodruff in each of his last two starts (87, 94 pitches). And this is again where I'd like him to try to get another inning out of him.

I agree ... he's dealing now. Send him back out for the 6th, but maybe have someone start warming. If he gets in trouble or the pitch count starts creeping uncomfortably over 100, go to the pen.

It was always kind of surprising there weren't more Brewers asked up to the booth to talk about their time as a Brewer. It usually has to be someone like Yount or Fielder for it to happen. I'm interested in some of the better players in our history and the stories they have during their time playing.

I'm not watching this game. But general question.

If they have the minor league director, or whatever brass in for a half inning and it goes quickly, why do they not have them stay for another half inning? There can't be that tight a schedule on these guys. I don't get that at all. Especially if the game isn't that tight.

A very good question that I have asked myself before.

It does happen sometimes. They'll throw something out like 'mind sticking around for another inning' and they do.

Good point overall on this idea though. With so many games and how we all get a little burned out on hearing the same stuff, why not bring up guests a lot if they're willing. Don't limit to the big stars only like Yount. Grab some mid level guys if they happen to be around, why not get some other perspectives and stories. could be something to shake it up. Granted, who knows how often folks like that are around though

I know Pina was close when he almost homered to RF the other night. Hopefully, this kick starts his season as Grandal is going to need breaks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So who will the Nationals be willing to trade at the deadline?

Would they trade Sherzer with a 2years 2months left on his megadeal? I assume they would, but don't know if politics would override baseball sense.

I don't suppose they would trade Bearclaw unless they got multiple arms and legs back, with 3+ years of control.

That is one heck of a start from Woodruff. I'll take 6 innings and 1 run allowed every day. Great stuff today. He's getting better with each start.

Yes, no doubt.

Even if it’s against the worst line-up he’ll face this year.

Archived