Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-08: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-3 -- HRs from Yelich, Moustakas, and Piña as Woodruff notches his 5th win of the season]

Eye Black

This does not appear to be a game where mediocre Nats pitching is going to shut the Brewers down...Shaw draws a nice walk there.

Boy, Hellickson doesn't appear to have anything - I know his changeup is still a pretty good pitch, but it looks like batting practice for the most part. If he's not painting corners he's going to get hit hard.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man. How long is Martinez going to keep this job? This team is too talented to be playing like this. They look terrible.

They are?

Pretty good starting pitching. Pretty good lineup minus Turner right now. They shouldn't be 2nd worst record in NL. Schrezer Strausburg and Corbin alone should get you 500.

Man. How long is Martinez going to keep this job? This team is too talented to be playing like this. They look terrible.

But they aren't talented right now.

He should of been fired mid- season last year. National league east full of terrible managers. Calloway terrible, kapler’s phillies team quit on him the last 5 weeks of last year. Mattingley gets the marlins to play above their talent level, and Snitger is why I’m picking the braves to repeat.

He should of been fired mid- season last year. National league east full of terrible managers. Calloway terrible, kapler’s phillies team quit on him the last 5 weeks of last year. Mattingley gets the marlins to play above their talent level, and Snitger is why I’m picking the braves to repeat.

Agreed

You get the sense that most of the NL East is poorly managed top to bottom. Washington, Mets, and Phillies all have pockets of excellence but primarily solve problems by throwing money at them. Lots of nepotism, I'd imagine.

And I thought Dusty was a bad manager. Turns out they hired one even worse. They were absolutely loaded last year, no reason they didn't win the division. Yea he probably should've been let go mid season last year to try and salvage the season

Verified Member
Other than a kinda high pitch count, Woodruff is looking good today. Touching 97 on the radar gun, and crisp breaking stuff. Hopefully they can get 6 out of him today.

6-0 lead should help. With his lively fastball he shouldn't have to be too picky. Challenge them early in the count and see if they can hit it.

Other than a kinda high pitch count, Woodruff is looking good today. Touching 97 on the radar gun, and crisp breaking stuff. Hopefully they can get 6 out of him today.

6-0 lead should help. With his lively fastball he shouldn't have to be too picky. Challenge them early in the count and see if they can hit it.

Yeah, but, Woodruff's bat has come back to earth. Probably too much focusing on pitching. He needs to get his priorities figured out.

It was always kind of surprising there weren't more Brewers asked up to the booth to talk about their time as a Brewer. It usually has to be someone like Yount or Fielder for it to happen. I'm interested in some of the better players in our history and the stories they have during their time playing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It was always kind of surprising there weren't more Brewers asked up to the booth to talk about their time as a Brewer. It usually has to be someone like Yount or Fielder for it to happen. I'm interested in some of the better players in our history and the stories they have during their time playing.

I'm not watching this game. But general question.

If they have the minor league director, or whatever brass in for a half inning and it goes quickly, why do they not have them stay for another half inning? There can't be that tight a schedule on these guys. I don't get that at all. Especially if the game isn't that tight.

Archived