Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-08: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-3 -- HRs from Yelich, Moustakas, and Piña as Woodruff notches his 5th win of the season]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

47751022662_90b8c5294c_c.jpg

47803047401_d23a44546c_c.jpg

[pre]Nationals Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Adam Eaton (L) LF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Victor Robles ® RF 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Anthony Rendon ® 3B 3. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B

4. Yan Gomes ® C 4. Ryan Braun ® LF

5. Brian Dozier ® 2B 5. Eric Thames (L) 1B

6. Wilmer Difo (S) SS 6. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

7. Adrian Sanchez ® 1B 7. Manny Pina ® C

8. Michael A. Taylor ® CF 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Jeremy Hellickson ® P 9. Brandon Woodruff (L) P[/pre]

Brandon Woodruff: Batter (Nationals) vs Pitching Stats

Jeremy Hellickson: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Don’t think we will see a getaway lineup with the off day tomorrow.

And on the flip side of that the Nationals have to fly to LA after the game for a series against the Dodgers starting tomorrow. But to be fair it seems like the Nationals have played this entire series with a get-away day lineup.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hopefully Woody can make it 3 straight nice starts for him. He’s looked better each time out. Don’t think we will see a getaway lineup with the off day tomorrow.

With the talent this team has assembled offensively, getaway lineups are a thing of the past. They really don't lose much of anything starting Gamel, Perez or Thames. The only real offensive downgrade is when Grandal gets a breather for Pina, and even Pina has proven in the past that he can be a decent offensive catcher.

Hopefully Woody can make it 3 straight nice starts for him. He’s looked better each time out. Don’t think we will see a getaway lineup with the off day tomorrow.

With the talent this team has assembled offensively, getaway lineups are a thing of the past. They really don't lose much of anything starting Gamel, Perez or Thames. The only real offensive downgrade is when Grandal gets a breather for Pina, and even Pina has proven in the past that he can be a decent offensive catcher.

Damn! Isn't that nice...

The wife and I will be in attendance! Our first day out of the house since the birth of our beautiful baby girl on 4/18! I'm excited...the wife is a bit nervous I think. Ha.

Congrats on your new baby! I can understand her concerns being away from your little one for the first time. I haven't been to Miller Park in several years. Enjoy! :)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I always try to be optimistic as well, but after getting to Scherzer and Strasburg the last couple days, I kinda expect Hellickson to shut down the offense today. He's totally the type of sub-replacement level trash starter that pitches a gem against this team.

Verified Member
I always try to be optimistic as well, but after getting to Scherzer and Strasburg the last couple days, I kinda expect Hellickson to shut down the offense today. He's totally the type of sub-replacement level trash starter that pitches a gem against this team.

At the risk of sounding negative in the middle of a positive part of the season, I agree completely. This is the exact kind of game that we could easily punt.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Get a lead early and let the shadows do their thing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Don’t think we will see a getaway lineup with the off day tomorrow.

And on the flip side of that the Nationals have to fly to LA after the game for a series against the Dodgers starting tomorrow. But to be fair it seems like the Nationals have played this entire series with a get-away day lineup.

Losing Turner, Soto, Zimmerman, and Adams (and Rendon on Monday) definitely takes a bite out of their lineup. Great opportunity to pick up some wins against a team while it’s sown.

I’m going to the game too and hoping they can generate some offense against a starter not named Scherzer, Strasburg, or Corbin.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The floor at Miller park looks a little dirty. Hopefully we can take care of that today.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Even being the optimist I try to be ... I didn't think we'd be able to get both against MadMax and Strasburg. What a sweet little sweep this would be. Let's go!

After the Crew took down Thor and DeGrom, I figured they could take Strasburg and MadMax.

It's another successful series, IMO, and a good omen for facing teams in the playoffs.

That'll do. Brewers win 1-0.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Verified Member
Sounds like a little league error from Uke, how bad was it?

It was bad. LF looked like he had it easily a few feet inside the foul line (it wasn't a difficult play, just a routine fly) and then it landed where he wasn't, a few feet behind him. He overran it somehow, even though it looked like he was camped under it.

Archived