Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tuesday 5/7 - Home Cooking

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Have great seasons Garrett in Biloxi, Greg in Carolina, and Chris in Appleton! And welcome to Mike Haeger (@samissionsradio ) down in San Antonio!

Standings and sortable stat pages

MiLB.TV options: Home feeds for everybody!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Nice to see Corey Ray back in action.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: Wisconsin 3, Fort Wayne 2

Wisconsin Rallies Late to Beat Fort Wayne and Snap Losing Streak

Rattlers end five-game losing streak with a 3-2 win over the TinCaps

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

AUDIO via the Rattler Radio Soundcloud: "The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers rallied to beat the Fort Wayne TinCaps 3–2 on Tuesday night. Chris Mehring and Kyle Lobner discuss the game, how good the team felt to break their five-game losing streak, and why there was a 21-minute delay in the seventh inning. In the Clubhouse Comments, Adam Hill talks about what was working for him in the game, Korry Howell tells us how long he's been playing centerfield, and Matt Erickson has a few words, too. Mehring & Kyle also talk about a system sweep, Keston Hiura, and a few other things."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: Carolina 5, Fayetteville 1

Impressive 12 K's in 4.2 IP for the Woodpeckers starter, you don't see three balks too often -- mix in a wild pitch and two errors on pickoffs.

Tristen Lutz sombrero, bottom of the Mudcats' order to the rescue...

File, Silva and Hairston Lead Mudcats to 5-1 Series Opening Win Versus Fayetteville

File filed his third quality start while Silva and Hairston combined for 4 RBI in Tuesday's victory

Payton Henry To Receive Rawlings Gold Glove Award Trophy During May 9 Pregame Ceremony

Henry earned the coveted award for defensive excellence last season while playing with Low-A Wisconsin

VIDEO Tweet: Eddie Silva on "D"

VIDEO Tweet: Relay to perfection -- Lutz to Hairston to Feliciano!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: Biloxi 6, Montgomery 2

Quality Start From Supak, Timely Hits Deliver Shuckers 6-2 Win Over Montgomery

Luke Barker Records First Double-A Save In Win

By Garrett Greene / Biloxi Shuckers

In just his age 22 season and never having played above low-A previously, Rule 5 minor league phase pickup Alexander Alvarez has struggled offensively as would be expected. The Henry / Feliciano Carolina combo keeps him blocked from below from a more appropriate level. Perhaps one of those Mudcat backstops will swap places with Alvarez later this summer.

VIDEO via WXXV: Lots of highlights

VIDEO via WLOX: Includes Luis Aviles Jr.'s first HR of 2019, off a gloriously mustachioed southpaw

Brewer Fanatic Staff

As you read in the summaries, there are two Wednesday early matinees -- the Mudcats at 10:00 AM Central and the Shuckers at 10:35.

You can always refer to the audio links provided in the opening post of each and every Link Report.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Delivering in the clutch again

Missions' Hager produces another walk-off hit

By Jerry Briggs / San Antonio Missions

Corey Ray said he broke the middle finger on his right hand while sliding in spring training.

"I didn't say anything because I wanted to play and could play," he said. "Then I dove in a game at Nashville and I couldn't do it anymore."

Can't be "hiding" that, Corey...

Also plenty of quotes on a variety of topics and we learn Corey's newborn son's name.

Delivering in the clutch again

Missions' Hager produces another walk-off hit

By Jerry Briggs / San Antonio Missions

Corey Ray said he broke the middle finger on his right hand while sliding in spring training.

"I didn't say anything because I wanted to play and could play," he said. "Then I dove in a game at Nashville and I couldn't do it anymore."

Can't be "hiding" that, Corey...

Also plenty of quotes on a variety of topics and we learn Corey's newborn son's name.

That was a very poor piece of decision-making by Corey Ray. Who'd he get that advice from, Brian Urlacher (who once famously said he'd hide a concussion from team docs and coaches).

EDIT: Here's one of the media stories about Urlacher saying he'd conceal a concussion.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/8636147/brian-urlacher-chicago-bears-confirmed-lie-cover-concussion

Archived