Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-07: Nationals (Strasburg) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 6-0 -- All 6 runs scored in the 7th inning]

Eye Black
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Gamel tough to retire, even when he hits it right at someone.
Weird things happen when Gamel makes contact.

His hits have eaten souls so far this series.

Gamel sort of epitomizes the theory of “put it in play and good things will happen”.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Peralta has the fastest 92 ever right now

I'm sure it's been calculated somewhere, but I wonder what the equivalent speed is for the reaction time on his fastball given that he has such a long release point. Shorten the distance between the mound and home, and the reaction time shrinks.

I thought I saw somewhere that after last night, Shaw has the lowest average in either the NL or in all of baseball so far this season. I see after Aguilar’s first out in the game, they were both down to .174... Pretty remarkable how we could have the two worst hitters in the league who were both expected to be important middle of the order bats, but here we are sitting at 21-16. Those two really need to start producing.

I got home well after Houser was well out of the ballgame. For those of you who actually watched the first couple innings, what was your opinion of Houser. Bullpen keeper for the rest of 2019? I haven't seen one of his appearances this year, but was encouraged by what I saw of him last year.

Verified Member

Lepay has grown on me, I'm a little sour on BA for ditching us for the NBA.

As much as I like BA, I don't care if he comes back or not.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I got home well after Houser was well out of the ballgame. For those of you who actually watched the first couple innings, what was your opinion of Houser. Bullpen keeper for the rest of 2019? I haven't seen one of his appearances this year, but was encouraged by what I saw of him last year.

Despite solid stuff he really had to survive the first 2 innings. Nothing seemed truly overpowering. I could see him as a long man, inning eater in games where we are down. He did fine but it didn't feel like he was fooling anyone or getting anything easy. At least he has 3 pitches. Peralta has looked decidedly better than Houser.

Archived