Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-06: Nationals (Scherzer) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers win, 5-3 -- Gamel and Arcia with three hits apiece]

Eye Black
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arcia...

Burnes you can't middle middle FBs

This umps unforgiving low strike zone is not kind to Corbin. Good lord ptc 3 slider is a clear strike.

ARCIA... what is up with you this inning.

Got lucky on that last slider.

Verified Member
I can't remember the last game I watched on FS where Schroeder didn't "Back in my day" about the shift.

It's gotta be hard. He's paid to be an analyst, so he starts to say what naturally comes to his mind based on what he knows/has learned then catches himself... ("double play depth..."). I give him credit for acknowledging that that isn't the way it's played anymore and it's for the better.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I can't remember the last game I watched on FS where Schroeder didn't "Back in my day" about the shift.

It's gotta be hard. He's paid to be an analyst, so he starts to say what naturally comes to his mind based on what he knows/has learned then catches himself... ("double play depth..."). I give him credit for acknowledging that that isn't the way it's played anymore and it's for the better.

Oh, I get it, Schroeder just feels (to me) like right under the surface, he doesn't like the way the game is played these days. For as much as it's difficult to listen to Ueck at times, as he isn't really great at calling the action, he has rolled with the changes in the game over the year pretty seamlessly.

Verified Member

Oh, I get it, Schroeder just feels (to me) like right under the surface, he doesn't like the way the game is played these days. For as much as it's difficult to listen to Ueck at times, as he isn't really great at calling the action, he has rolled with the changes in the game over the year pretty seamlessly.

Ueck never exactly analyzed the strategies of defensive positioning...the last 10 years we're lucky if we get the score, outs, count, and guys on base.

The other team scoring three runs wouldn’t be an issue if anyone could hit. Frustrating
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Ueck never exactly analyzed the strategies of defensive positioning...the last 10 years we're lucky if we get the score, outs, count, and guys on base.

Last year I listened to Ueck talk quite a bit about the bullpenning strategy and he was talking about different ways the game had and continues to change, and it wasn't at all a "back in my day" type rant, just more of a really interesting take from a guy who (I honestly thought) would grouse about pitchers not going 7-8 innings anymore etc, etc, etc. It was pretty interesting. IMO of course. Ueck seems more receptive to the changing game. of course when he came up the game was changing compared to the way it had been played from 20-30-40 years prior. I get the sense (could be wrong) Ueck just sort of rolls with things more than some of these hard-ass guys from the 70's and 80's.

The other team scoring three runs wouldn’t be an issue if anyone could hit. Frustrating

I have a feeling the future first ballot hall of fame pitcher on the mound might have had a say.

Those are some strong words about Dan Jennings

Oh look,

Two guys trying to just make contact get on base. Let’s do that more please. And my comment wasn’t just about this game guys... I’m aware max is good. The approaches have been awful for awhile . Thank baby Jesus for Grandal.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived