Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-06: Nationals (Scherzer) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers win, 5-3 -- Gamel and Arcia with three hits apiece]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

47735337872_730a0b05c4_c.jpg

32844083747_4d412ecbac_c.jpg

[pre]Nationals Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Adam Eaton (L) RF 1. Ben Gamel (L) CF

2. Victor Robles ® CF 2. Christian Yelich (L) LF

3. Howie Kendrick ® 1B 3. Yasmani Grandal (S) C

4. Yan Gomes ® C 4. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B

5. Brian Dozier ® 2B 5. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

6. Wilmer Difo (S) 3B 6. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B

7. Andrew Stevenson (L) LF 7. Eric Thames (L) RF

8. Carter Kieboom ® SS 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Max Scherzer ® P 9. Jhoulys Chacin ® P[/pre]

Jhoulys Chacín: Batter (Nationals) vs Pitching Stats

Max Scherzer: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the Nats were sitting on the tarmac in Philly for 6+ hours with engine issues last night and eventually bused back to the team hotel. Flying to MKE early this morning. They’re going to be a tired team tonight.

Verified Member
Looks like the Nats were sitting on the tarmac in Philly for 6+ hours with engine issues last night and eventually bused back to the team hotel. Flying to MKE early this morning. They’re going to be a tired team tonight.

Hopefully, Scherzer got no rest!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What I'd like to see......

Gamel CF

Yelich RF

Moustakas 2B

Grandal C

Thames 1B

Braun LF

Shaw 3B

Arcia SS

Pitcher

Pretty close, although Braun is sitting as he is 0/13 career against Scherzer with 5 K's

1. Ben Gamel (L) CF

2. Christian Yelich (L) LF

3. Yasmani Grandal (S) C

4. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B

5. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

6. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B

7. Eric Thames (L) RF

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Jhoulys Chacin ® P

Verified Member
I'm guessing that Thames is in right because of the short porch out there? There is less space to cover. If I were the Nats, I'd sure be trying to take extra bases against our corner OFs though.

Good news: the Brewers are getting the Nats while Turner, Soto, Rendon, Zimmerman, and Adams are all on the IL.

Bad news: they get both Scherzer and Strasburg.

Normally, I don't think trying to get a starter's pitch count up is all that important since most guys aren't going more than 6 innings these days. Scherzer is a big exception and with the way the Nats pen has performed recently it would be nice if the Brewers can chase him before the 7th.

Verified Member
If Peralta and Burch Smith were going to tandem tomorrow, who is the long guy tonight? Or do you use one of them tonight and just let them finish the game after Chacin gets taken out? I might take that route depending on how Chacin and Scherzer look in the next 3 innings.

Verified Member
Houser makes sense for tomorrow. He threw 1.1 vs the mets on 5/4. He can stretch a bit tomorrow.

Yeah. And Burnes. I like the current composition of our staff. A lot can change in the next few innings though.

Houser makes sense for tomorrow. He threw 1.1 vs the mets on 5/4. He can stretch a bit tomorrow.

Yeah. And Burnes. I like the current composition of our staff. A lot can change in the next few innings though.

Yeah we have Guerra Burnes Houser and Burch who can all stretch to 3ip quite easily. Then multiple guys who can go 2.

Great job by moose getting 1 back. You don't get many chances vs this guy and a lead off doubles a pretty good opportunity.

Archived