Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-05: Mets (Vargas) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Yelich returns to the starting lineup and hits 440ft home run]

Eye Black
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaw has Options? I would have sent him down already. I figured when we traded for him he would have used up his options as a reason for Boston to trade him away. Interesting, and I'm all for a Hiura call up and Moose to 3rd if this is true.

Channeling my inner Clancy:

Shaw to 1B, Hiura to 2B, Moustakas to 3B, Thames to RF, Yelich to CF

Actually, a simpler move:

Cain to DL

Recall Hiura

Shaw to LF (he's played some in the majors)

Yelich to CF

Braun to RF

IF of Moustakas, Arcia, Hiura, Thames

Cain to DL

Recall Hiura

Yelich to CF

Braun to RF

LOL

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Cain to DL

Recall Hiura

Yelich to CF

Braun to RF

You really want to play Shaw ahead of Gamel?

Matt Kemp available

That would be an interesting get.

Bye Bye team chemistry, or maybe we can straighten him out?

Dodgers sure got a lot better when he left their clubhouse.

Better than two-time defending NL champions?

Cain to DL

Recall Hiura

Yelich to CF

Braun to RF

You've out-clancied yourself there.

:laughing I should’ve known I had no business trying to think like Clancy
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I guess Nelson's start goes under the "results aren't important right now" category.

Yep......if ever one qualified this would be it

As long as his arm feels good.....will be interested to see velocity if they report it

Good that he’s back pitching again, bound to be rusty, been almost 2 weeks since he last pitched.

Verified Member
Hader takes care of business. Davies with over 100 pitches going deep into the game. Albers holds. Yelich being Yelich. Shaw needs to go on a tear. Hard to watch him letting hittable pitches go by him or popping them up. Can't the coaching staff help him and Aguilar this season!

If you told me the Brewers were going to score 10 runs in 3 games (including one that goes 18 innings) I sure wouldn’t have expected a sweep. Good to see the pitching step up when they’re not playing one of the top hitting teams in the league.

Now on to the Nationals who have a number of their best position players out with injuries. Have to find a way to scratch out some runs against Scherzer and Strasburg and shut down their banged up lineup.

Is it just me, or has Yelich been so phenomenal the last 4 months that when he goes 1 for 4 with a 2 run HR it almost seems like he didn’t have a good day because he made out 3 times?

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Good god, a lot of you go to worst case scenarios quickly. Brewers facing a couple of months of Yelich solo shots providing the only offense because Cain is on the IL already, apparently.

Which part of it is that ridiculous? Direct hits on batters hands commonly end up with broken bones. Also, it's been pretty much the yelich and cain show on offense as usual; I'm just making fun of how poorly most of the hitting has been which as you can see in the box score is pretty accurate.

Exactly what I said in the first sentence. The ridiculous part is getting twisted up before knowing the facts. Cain got hit on the hand? Let me quickly post that it could be a bad thing for the team.

ok, Brewers fans are officially just as bad as Cubs fans when it comes to ridiculous cheering at a routine foul ball.

Brewers fans, not every fly ball is over the fence.

geez.

Been noticing this all season.

You see that kind of reaction by fans in every ball park.

Verified Member
ok, Brewers fans are officially just as bad as Cubs fans when it comes to ridiculous cheering at a routine fly ball.

Brewers fans, not every fly ball is over the fence.

geez.

Been noticing this all season.

You see that kind of reaction by fans in every ball park.

Maybe so, but it seems to have taken root at Miller Park more so than before. Maybe the success of the team has brought in more fans that really have no clue?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It is much worse. I think it has to do with more random fans who don’t usually follow the Brewers showing up now that the team is good. They can’t judge anything. And then obviously a number of premature screams infects everyone else.

Archived