Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-05: Mets (Vargas) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Yelich returns to the starting lineup and hits 440ft home run]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

46990385174_6bbf2e1089_c.jpg

32836131957_f6348bdfcc_c.jpg

[pre]Mets Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Adeiny Hechavarria ® 2B 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Amed Rosario ® SS 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Brandon Nimmo (L) LF 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Pete Alonso ® 1B 4. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B

5. Todd Frazier ® 3B 5. Hernan Perez ® 2B

6. Keon Broxton ® RF 6. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

7. Juan Lagares ® CF 7. Manny Pina ® C

8. Tomas Nido ® C 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Jason Vargas (L) P 9. Zach Davies ® P[/pre]

Zach Davies: Batter (Mets) vs Pitching Stats

Jason Vargas: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Here are the number of innings pitched per start this year for both of today’s starters:

Vargas: 5.0, 0.1, 4.0, 4.2, 5.1

Davies: 5.0, 5.2, 7.0, 5.0, 4.2, 5.1

If ever there was a day where the teams needed their starters to go 6-7 innings, today is it. After last night’s affair whichever starter can go the furthest may have a big impact on the outcome of this one and leave the teams in a better position for their games heading into the week (Mets play a series at San Diego starting Monday night).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Looking at the bullpen, I think Hader will be available for an inning. Jeffress and Houser can both probably pitch an inning today. Claudio should be good to go for an inning as well. As it sits right now, that’s probably about all they have available. I would imagine that a starter would be brought up and kept available incase of another extra inning affair where they need a guy for 5-6 innings. I think they will be fine for today. Davies is just going to have to pitch at least 6 innings regardless of how he is doing. Hopefully he dominates today and the bullpen is able to get a break.

It’s possible Michael Tonkin will be added to the staff today. It seemed like his turn to pitch in San Antonio yesterday. Perhaps he was flying to Milwaukee, just in case.

Verified Member

Oh boy, an ugly line-up today.

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Jesus

Perez

Shaw

Pina

Arcia

Davies

Surprised to see Braun get the start today. Play him while he's hot, I like it!

Glad to see Yelich back!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Surprised to see Braun get the start today. Play him while he's hot, I like it!

Glad to see Yelich back!

I would have been shocked if Braun hadn’t been in the lineup against a lefty and after getting 9 hits the last two days. He can have off tomorrow against Scherzer and then get another off day on Thursday.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Verified Member

Was this supposed to be in blue or have you forgotten the Sunday lineups the Brewers regularly fielded across the last 20+ seasons? :laughing

Verified Member

Was this supposed to be in blue or have you forgotten the Sunday lineups the Brewers regularly fielded across the last 20+ seasons? :laughing

We haven't been using those type of line-ups this year though. Our Sunday line-ups usually look better than our regular line-ups most years. lol

Actually, Jesus and Shaw wouldn't normally be considered part of a "sunday line-up" either since they are regulars most of the time. They just suck now.

Verified Member

ok, Brewers fans are officially just as bad as Cubs fans when it comes to ridiculous cheering at a routine fly ball.

Brewers fans, not every fly ball is over the fence.

geez.

Been noticing this all season.

ok, Brewers fans are officially just as bad as Cubs fans when it comes to ridiculous cheering at a routine foul ball.

geez.

I can understand lastnight because people wanted the game to end so badly that they would cheer any fly ball and today because everyone would want to see Yelich homer in his first AB in a week, excluding pinch hitting of course, but other than that it has been pretty comical how we have turned into Cubs fans when it comes to fly balls. Hopefully that's the only similarity we have to Cubs fans. I shudder to think what it would be like to be a beer bellied fall down drunk, wearing my pit stained Kerry Wood jersey and starting fights inside Miller Park.

Verified Member
ok, Brewers fans are officially just as bad as Cubs fans when it comes to ridiculous cheering at a routine fly ball.

geez.

I can understand lastnight because people wanted the game to end so badly that they would cheer any fly ball and today because everyone would want to see Yelich homer in his first AB in a week, excluding pinch hitting of course, but other than that it has been pretty comical how we have turned into Cubs fans when it comes to fly balls. Hopefully that's the only similarity we have to Cubs fans. I shudder to think what it would be like to be a fall down drunk, wearing my pit stained Kerry Wood jersey and starting fights inside Miller Park.

I have also noticed "wooooing" at Miller Park, and that disgusts me even more.

I could not handle sitting next to or near anyone doing that ridiculous fad.

Second AB will work too. What might've been had Cain taken ball four.

Well best case, one more run. Worst case, they pitch slightly differently/Yeli bats slightly differently and they get no runs. I'll take the sac fly and 2-run bomb :)

Archived