Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single in the longest game in Miller Park history]

Eye Black
Verified Member
As lucky as Braun was, Perez was equally unlucky. 99.9% of the time the ball gets through the catcher's legs and past the umpire a guy will be able to get an extra base. When it's the game winning run the gamble is even more worth taking.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ender, I enjoyed reading your posts for years and I always found then to be knowledgeable and informative. But man, the last couple years it's just been post after post of constantly talking down to people.

Thats cool, I have reached my tipping point with people saying things that make no sense and then defending it when questioned. There is no way that someone who really gets baseball thinks Guerra has been good this season. If he wants to piss on me because I look at meaningful stats instead of a 17 IP sample of ERA which takes 500 IP to start to become meaningful so be it. This forum has been corrupted by knee jerk low knowledge posters to the point it is hard to stomach visiting at this point. I actually have him on ignore because of the consistent low quality posts but I made the mistake of clicking on display this one time.

Anyone referencing ERA in a 17 IP sample just doesn't get baseball, it means absolutely nothing in that sample.

LOL. You aren't wrong, and please continue to post as much as possible. Still, you aren't helping yourself here.

All I’m going to say is I totally disagree with your statement that guerra hasn’t been good. And I’m thankful that CC is ignoring the Brewers analysts who no doubt have givin him the same stats you quoted.

Alonso looks like the type of guy to get it on with livestock. Move to Washington State, sir.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Now that you've endured the ultimate test, does anyone now support the runner on second in extra innings rule?

Nope. That would hurt us worse than help us. We rely on home runs too much to actually move him over and bring him home with any regularity.

Travis Shaw 0-7. I can't believe how terrible he's been this season. I don't know what to think. Is he hurt? I don't get it.

At this point I’m ready to move Moose to 3rd full time and bring up Hiura. Shaw can ride the bench or be traded or whatever.

Now that you've endured the ultimate test, does anyone now support the runner on second in extra innings rule?

Nope. That would hurt us worse than help us. We rely on home runs too much to actually move him over and bring him home with any regularity.

Additionally, Sedar would foolishly wave them in and get thrown out by 20 feet.

Remember when people wanted to bench Braun? Yeah remember that when thinking about Shaw and his struggles. Patience. He will hit.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just looked through the 40 man, and Diplan and Supak would be the only options to come up tomorrow correct?

tenor.gif?itemid=5140031

Who needs a rehab start?

jimmy-nelson.png

Good call. Skipped over him, but that would be interesting.

Here’s the runner at 2nd to lead off the inning. Let’s see how this goes.

To be fair we’d have a much better sac bunt option to start extras than Williams now.

Sure, but probably not that much better. This team rarely seems to be able to bunt anyone over.

Archived