Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single in the longest game in Miller Park history]

Eye Black
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is getting really annoying.

Not sure why, but

Completely agree. I’m overly angry at this game. Maybe because we’re actually pitching well?

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Alonzo easily ROY.

Going into this game he had a .700 OPS over the past 2 weeks so he has heavily slowed down. I would easily take the field over him at this point. He has a ton of holes in his swing. He could win it but it is like a 1 in 5 shot or so and that is mostly because the NL rookie field is a little weak this season. Right now the clear frontrunner is Paddack for me but he'll hit an innings issue at some point.

Even with a ton of holes in his swing he’s hit 10 dingers and ops’ing over 1000. New York market not gonna hurt his name recognition either.

I know the peripherals dont like Guerra, but his results have been nice so far.

He really hasn't been good at all. Playing with fire any time you put him in a high leverage situation.

Your kidding, right?

No not at all. He has a 4.92 xFIP and a 4.86 SIERA. He isn't striking anyone out and his walks are really high. His hard hit/medium hit percents are also high. Guerra has been terrible this season. If you are using ERA to judge RP at this point in the season you just have no idea how baseball works. Guerra has been in the bottom 20% of RP in the league for quality so far this season.

Archived