Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single in the longest game in Miller Park history]

Eye Black
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Less than a week ago, some of even the most supportive Braun guys were starting to question whether he should have been playing as much as he was. Baseball is maddenly fun.

I'd still say that. Braun (like any player) is still *very obviously* capable of a hot streak. He hit really well the last few weeks of the season last year and helped carry the team into the playoffs.

If Braun plays 120 games and puts up an .800 OPS I'd be pleased. If he even puts up a .750-ish OPS with decent power numbers he's probably not outlandishly hurting the team.

Community Moderator
Counsell said Chacín would have pitched next although he had thought about using Hernan Pérez. The latter would have left them with an interesting shortstop situation.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Counsell said Chacín would have pitched next although he had thought about using Hernan Pérez. The latter would have left them with an interesting shortstop situation.

My guess should have been Braun to SS, Woodruff to either 1b or LF

Verified Member

That was awesome!

This is a game I'll never forget, so what a blast, and to get the win was huge!

I abandoned this thread and watched the 10-18th in the bedroom.

Such a great win!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewers actually were apart of the longest mlb game. 1984 played 33 innings vs the white Sox. 8 1/2 hours.

I remember that game. Didn't they have to resume the game the following morning because it got so late? I think the Sox won that eventually.

That pitcher got squeezed big time.

I thought so too. The first 2 pitches looked like strikes at the bottom of that box. If I were a Mets fan I wouldn't be too pleased right now.

I thought it was notable that Braun went to right for 4 of his hits. One infield chopper towards short and then the rocket out to left center... Bill Schroeder must have been so pleased.

Braun was lucky as hell when he tried to stretch that single into a double earlier in the game. He was a dead duck but the Mets' infielder dropped the pass.

I thought it was notable that Braun went to right for 4 of his hits. One infield chopper towards short and then the rocket out to left center... Bill Schroeder must have been so pleased.

Braun was lucky as hell when he tried to stretch that single into a double earlier in the game. He was a dead duck but the Mets' infielder dropped the pass.

Good throw and, I agree, he is out by a bunch. With where the throw was, I think it woulda been real close if Rosario didn’t drop it.

Archived