Brewer Fanatic

Nick Anderson?

What's the story with this guy? Suddenly at 28, he's a right handed Josh Hader? Bio says he was Brewer 32nd round pick in 2012, but never pitched an inning in Brewer organization. Didn't get to affiliated ball until 2015? Price would be high if he keeps this up and I'm sure Marlins would ask the moon but will be interesting if he becomes available.

What's the story with this guy? Suddenly at 28, he's a right handed Josh Hader? Bio says he was Brewer 32nd round pick in 2012, but never pitched an inning in Brewer organization. Didn't get to affiliated ball until 2015? Price would be high if he keeps this up and I'm sure Marlins would ask the moon but will be interesting if he becomes available.

Ok, before we have to hear it, "there's no right-handed Josh Hader."

I'm not 100 pct sure what that means or why you can't say that, but every time someone does, someone else says that.

Also, lets see if we can make it without a single mention of any FA's from any teams, be them East Coast or rhyme with Haig Mimbrel. That'd be awesome.

Now...as for the story on this guy....I don't know. But it sounds interesting. Maybe 32nd round pick, was hurt, doesn't get the attention other higher profile guys get, takes him a while to get healthy and he takes a circuitous route to the bigs? If this is his first run in the bigs, how much are you gonna try and get for him if you're the Marlins? Unless his stuff is that good, unless he's throwing in the upper 90's with some nasty breaking stuff..and even then. It'd kinda be like when Junior Guerra got out to a really nice start.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/nick-anderson-is-improbably-excellent/

Huh...ok, so you're probably right, after reading this, it sounds like he's legit and his career started late because of legal troubles. An assault that he says was him coming to the defense of his friend.

I have no opinion on him as a person based on that. Young, stupid guys get into bar fights. I'd like to know how bad he hurt the guy. But really, as long as it's not sexual, a violent beating, a women or kids, but rather just a couple idiots mixing it up, you can come back from that.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived