Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-01: Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 11-4 -- Anderson scratched, bullpen struggles mightily]

Eye Black
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It was obvious Burnes doesn’t have it anymore today after he started walking guys this inning. No idea why he’s still in there.

I really am having a hard time pegging him. His stuff looks so good at times, then so hittable at other times. He's frustrating to far this year.

I’m actually kind of encouraged by some of what I’m seeing from Burnes tonight. His misses have not been in the heart of the zone, and on a couple of the hits (like Blackmon’s double), they’ve just gotten to well-placed breaking balls—and with relatively weak contact. That’s some improvement, at least, although it may be damning with faint praise.

Well, at least when Burnes is sent down we’ll have another fresh crappy arm. Unreal with this guy. Wonder what’s going on with his head
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Maybe we can trade Burnes to the Reds so he can get the coach he obviously needs. /half blue
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I’m actually kind of encouraged by some of what I’m seeing from Burnes tonight. His misses have not been in the heart of the zone, and on a couple of the hits (like Blackmon’s double), they’ve just gotten to well-placed breaking balls—and with relatively weak contact. That’s some improvement, at least, although it may be damning with faint praise.

Agree, weak contact, like the change and curve he threw. Give the guy his 4 days of rest and we’ll see if he’s better next time out.

Community Moderator
My money is on Shaw here.

I got some swamp land to sell. You want in?

Huh? I was correct... Bryan Shaw induces the inning ending double play off the bat of Travis (Shaw).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

My money is on Shaw here.

I got some swamp land to sell. You want in?

Huh? I was correct... Bryan Shaw induces the inning ending double play off the bat of Travis (Shaw).

I see what you did there. Clever.

Archived