Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-01: Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 11-4 -- Anderson scratched, bullpen struggles mightily]

Eye Black

Per telecast.

Burnes was in the works to be called up tomorrow (interesting). He just arrived, was not in uniform. They got approval from MLB to make the swap with IL and activation.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Per telecast.

Burnes was in the works to be called up tomorrow (interesting). He just arrived, was not in uniform. They got approval from MLB to make the swap with IL and activation.

Interesting indeed, which obviously means someone else was likely going to be optioned for tomorrow’s game.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Per telecast.

Interesting indeed, which obviously means someone else was likely going to be optioned for tomorrow’s game.

I was thinking more on the lines of... we bring back Peralta and Burnes for the same game? Do we piggy-back the kids?

Per telecast.

I was thinking more on the lines of... we bring back Peralta and Burnes for the same game? Do we piggy-back the kids?

Is confusing that there were already six starters before Anderson went down and we've only been told Burnes was still planned to be a starter this year.

Guess if Burnes was already going to be coming up, they may already have planned to send Barnes down.

Verified Member
Planning to send Barnes down, then starting him would be a pretty strange decision to make if you ask me...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Planning to send Barnes down, then starting him would be a pretty strange decision to make if you ask me...

Coulda been Hart or Jackson too. Barnes just made himself the choice.

If there's one thing you can complain about CC, its that he likes to stick with the guys he knows over the options he doesn't know yet. Even if the known options are known to suck.

Guessing Barnes is out tomorrow to make room for Freddy, and that the plan was for Burnes to be the long man out of the pen tomorrow in case of a short start from Peralta.

Ding ding. I think we have a winner.

In addition. I think Guerra has moved from the long man to a setup guy.

Archived