Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-01: Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 11-4 -- Anderson scratched, bullpen struggles mightily]

Eye Black
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeffress sitting at 94-95 tonight. Do you think we can cool it on the "OMG WHAT DO WE DO WITH JEFFRESS?!?" talk for awhile?

That aged poorly.

Velocity was fine. Location wasn't

Velo on that one was 93

These guys are just a bunch of guys who are right now 4A guys. I really wonder what Craig is really asking for because we have a gaping hole in the pen

Cardinals gm is hoping nobody noticed that they have won 10 of 11. Hope the brewers just keep shuffling the deck.

Are we allowed to talk about Kimbrel and Keuchel now or not?

Nope. Mark needs 2 extra yachts to give to his kids.

Someone is about to get pretty disappointed that this topic is being brought up. You cannot speculate on getting better. You must accept mediocrity.

Sure would be nice to have a second guy outside of Davies that exceeded expectations. It's saying a lot, to be positive-that nearly every guy in that clubhouse is considerably worse than they should be so far.

Come on now...Grandal, Moustakas, Gamel, Thames, Guerra, Anderson, oh and that guy who just had one of the best Aprils in MLB history.

I agree that many players are playing poorly and there are real problems on this team, especially pitching. But this is just too much.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sure would be nice to have a second guy outside of Davies that exceeded expectations. It's saying a lot, to be positive-that nearly every guy in that clubhouse is considerably worse than they should be so far.

Come on now...Grandal, Moustakas, Gamel, Thames, Guerra, Anderson, oh and that guy who just had one of the best Aprils in MLB history.

I agree that many players are playing poorly and there are real problems on this team, especially pitching. But this is just too much.

I am thinking he means pitching-wise ... which would be 100% the truth. I get that guys regress year to year, but 12 guys on a 13-man pitching staff? That's a big ouch.

And most of those guys have had limited playing time...and aren’t major contributors. Thus most are real fluky. Grandal and Moustakas are probably pretty close to as advertised.

Yah...most of the team has been disappointing and a good majority flat out embarrassments. The fact they have a positive record is amazing because they certainly haven’t played wel.

I think we expect Yelich to be ridiculous at this point... I don't think any of the others listed have exceeded expectations. Moustakas has been himself, Grandal for 18 million is expected to produce and apparently I'm the only one who thought Gamel was an excellent addition. Anderson had an amazing season two years ago and was very good last year as well.... I don't think it's a stretch to say a few have met expectations and most have severely underachieved.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Counsell just said some pen moves are likely for tomorrow. We know someone needs to be sent down to activate Peralta. I wonder who else is on their way up? Taylor Williams I imagine will be back for sure. But who else. Deolis Guerra? Michael Tonkin? Do they go crazy and pull up a guy from AA? Nate Griep is pitching very well again this year.

7 more walks tonight. Something is seriously wrong.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I think we expect Yelich to be ridiculous at this point... I don't think any of the others listed have exceeded expectations. Moustakas has been himself, Grandal for 18 million is expected to produce and apparently I'm the only one who thought Gamel was an excellent addition. Anderson had an amazing season two years ago and was very good last year as well.... I don't think it's a stretch to say a few have met expectations and most have severely underachieved.

I do think it’s a stretch, however, to say “nearly every guy in that clubhouse is considerably worse than they should be so far.”

I am not Shea Vucinich

Verified Member

Can't be the pitching coach, right?

I mean, DJ leaving was no big deal, right?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I’m not suggesting that losing our pitching coach didn’t hurt, but how can the pitching coach help stopping giving up walks? “Throw strikes!” There, problem solved.

Verified Member

I’m not suggesting that losing our pitching coach didn’t hurt, but how can the pitching coach help stopping giving up walks? “Throw strikes!” There, problem solved.

If it was that simple, wouldn't everyone be a pitching coach?

I think losing DJ was detrimental to our pitching staff. The results can be seen daily...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived