Brewer Fanatic

Eric Sogard...

TURBO

I knew he was doing well but just looked him up thinking "well he couldn't be doing THAT great......HOLY HELL!"

.415/.478/.732 in 47 PA, 3 HR, 5 K, 5 BB.

Only 10 games so not exactly a large sample size but super glad for Sogard that he's getting to play somewhere and doing well.

Verified Member
small sample size

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
Villar seemed to be bad at everything immeasurable, and outside of a very good 2016 his measurables were never good enough to make him irreplaceable.

• 5 weeks later...
Still better than Villar.

Nope

Current month of May stats:

Sogard:

19 games, 0.181 BA, 0.298 OBP, 0.567 OPS

Overall OPS still at 0.786 due to his insane first couple weeks (pretty much the same as when he first was up with the Brewers). Since then he's been the Sogard we've mostly all come to "love"...which is a guy you don't want anywhere near a contending team's roster.

Villar:

26 games, 0.255 BA, 0.300 OBP, 0.751 OPS

Overall OPS at 0.740, having a relatively consistent season to date splitting time at 2B and SS for the Orioles. Villar has proven to be a viable everyday MIF player, although still not a preferred option for a contending team due to the well-known deficiencies with his game that are at times immeasurable and don't stand out unless you're watching him every game.

I'm happy for both of these guys still being in the majors - I'm even more happy they aren't in the majors with the Brewers and we now have the decision of putting our top offensive prospect, Moose, or Shaw at 2nd instead of them.

A shame Villar isn't just a tad more versatile. If he was good enough to be a utility man he would be pretty darn good to have for any team. Last year he stole 35 bases and got caught just 5 times. That kind of speed, solid power, and ability to play anywhere would be great.

Sadly, he cannot. Being able to play SS and 2B isn't bad though. Solid player none the less....but not something I miss not having.

Archived