Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-29: Rockies (Freeland) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Aguilar records three hits including a pair of HRs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sac fly would bring home a welcome insurance run, and Perez attempts a bunt on his 0-1 pitch? I don't get it.

I assume the infield was back on the right side and Braun could walk home with a decent bunt.

An effective but inefficient start from Davies to set us up nicely. 2 excellent innings from Claudio. JJ #2 gets the nervous first outing out of the way, and Hart finishes it off. Really good night by the pitching staff overall without needing to use the big guns. But Jesus Aguilar finally getting his first HR is the biggest takeaway of the night. Looked so relieved, and looked so much better afterwards. Seems to like hitting against the Rockies! Hoping that it was mainly a psychological thing, like it seems to have been for Chris Davis. Yes, he's likely not the first half 2018 guy, but I see no reason at all he wouldn't be at least an average hitter, probably slightly better.

Maybe, just maybe, Jackson can be that late inning high leverage arm we so desperately need. That and a quality multi-inning arm or two or three joining the pen over the next month with peralta, Burnes and Nelson coming back. Could go from terrible to dominant pen in a months time.

Jackson doesn't need to be high leverage. Just a guy we don't cringe over when he comes in. A handful of 3.6-4.0 guys behind Hader and JJ would be a huge improvement over what we've seen to this point.

I don’t have much confidence in jeffress throwing 91-93 and being effective.

I'm calling for Thames in right tomorrow and Aguilar at 1B. Tough right, tough not to play Thames. With Aguilar starting, hopefully, to surge, it would be tough to sit him.

Give Braun the day off and play Thames in LF

Great to see Aguilar hit a couple home runs last night. I especially loved the opposite field one! I hope that relaxes him a bit so he can just play ball now. Also, great to see Jackson pitch well. I really hope that continues. Fun game!

Archived