Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-29: Rockies (Freeland) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Aguilar records three hits including a pair of HRs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Yelich comes back can we find a mysterious injury in Braun and 60-DL him so we can play Gamel.

They can have Santana’s power and negative war inducing defense, glad we have the hit the ball were it’s pitched, professional hitting, always hustling Ben Gamel.

When Yelich comes back can we find a mysterious injury in Braun and 60-DL him so we can play Gamel.

They can have Santana’s power and negative war inducing defense, glad we have the hit the ball were it’s pitched, professional hitting, always hustling Ben Gamel.

I prefer Gamel as well. I didn't think we would because I worried about our hitting vs LHP if Braun was down. I'm over it. We don't have a DH so Santana is a waste. Braun's fallen soo far down that his war is -.7 and Gamel is a nice cozy .7. Let's max defense the OF and be done with it.

Let the record show that Jesus Aguilar's OPS+ after 85 plate appearances bottomed out at -1 before today. Yes, that's a negative sign. He was rocking a .368. After two jacks tonight, he's all the way up to .488, which many pitchers would be ashamed of, but good for him. Let's not assume he's off the schneid just yet though; it's a pretty big schneid.

Let the record show that Jesus Aguilar's OPS+ after 85 plate appearances bottomed out at -1 before today. Yes, that's a negative sign. He was rocking a .368. After two jacks tonight, he's all the way up to .488, which many pitchers would be ashamed of, but good for him. Let's not assume he's off the schneid just yet though; it's a pretty big schneid.

I’m sure it was always likely Aguilar wasn’t a hot pile of garbage....but I don’t think he will even be that good after he rebounds. The guy will get on streaks like anyone...but first half Aguilar, gone. Real Aguilar is just an average at best first baseman. Probably stretching it considering his defense and average offense at first base isn’t really impressive.

Well...having an inning there Arcia. Error and then a pretty disappointing failure to not knock that down. Not saying he should have definitely knocked it down...but pretty disappointing that he couldn’t manage to stop it.

Is Claudio going to have 150 appearances? Feels like he pitches every night.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived