Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-27: Brewers (Woodruff) at Mets (Syndergaard) [Brewers win, 8-6 -- Offensive production and Josh Hader overshadow bullpen woes]

Eye Black
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, Hader!!!!!! He's on tonight!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Jeffress at 92-93 just another pitcher. Need another high leverage arm in the pen.

I'm not sure you can bring that up. I was told play the cards you're dealt and be happy we have a team.

I am not trying to single just you out specifically because you certainly aren’t the only one to do this, but the facetious “you can’t say that around here because I was told ____” type posts have grown tiresome in my opinion.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

This game is a vintage example of why some fans are seriously concerned about this season.

Last year if the Brewers had almost any kind of lead in the late innings you could be reasonably confident they could pull it out. Now you can’t be comfortable with any lead, even against a relatively mediocre offensive team. With starters who rarely get into the sixth inning it’s usually going to take 4 pitchers to close things out, and none of them are consistently reliable, even Hader who has turned into a home run waiting to happen.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This game is a vintage example of why some fans are seriously concerned about this season.

Last year if the Brewers had almost any kind of lead in the late innings you could be reasonably confident they could pull it out. Now you can’t be comfortable with any lead, even against a relatively mediocre offensive team. With starters who rarely get into the sixth inning it’s usually going to take 4 pitchers to close things out, and none of them are consistently reliable, even Hader who has turned into a home run waiting to happen.

Not as well done.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is all fair, but Hader has given up 3 homers. Lets let the season play out a while before we declare him a gopher ball in waiting.

That's not fair. I almost feel bad for the Mets hitters. Almost.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Jeffress at 92-93 just another pitcher. Need another high leverage arm in the pen.

I'm not sure you can bring that up. I was told play the cards you're dealt and be happy we have a team.

I am not trying to single just you out specifically because you certainly aren’t the only one to do this, but the facetious “you can’t say that around here because I was told ____” type posts have grown tiresome in my opinion.

It's tiresome that people cannot Express their take without people who do not agree chiming in that they don't like it and don't want to hear it. I said the bullpen is terrible and needs to get someone to help Hader out. Anyone with two eyes can see it. However you have people offended that Mark A would have to invest a few more dollars. It's madness. Hader cannot be your only reliable arm. Not sustainable. It's a fact.

It's weird how some nights guys just don't have a chance against Hader and other nights you are worried about a walk or a gopher ball. Much easier said after getting 6 straight outs, but tonight it sure seemed like he had it.

It’s obvious to some, the REAL problems not the rotation, but the pen, and this game SCREAMS that fact. When we only have one high lev. arm in the ENTIRE pen, whatever. It’s only 9-15 mil. There, problem solved. On to the playoffs.

How come you didn't post this one last night/morning? We won both games, BTW.

Archived