Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 playoffs Rd 2 vs Boston Celtics

DuWayne Steurer
Brown and Pat C kind of suck. I'm sorry, I know they are active and visible, but Pat C can't stay in front of a chair and Brown gets completely lost/clueless. Is Snell healthy? He's no better, but you kind of know what you're getting, and he has developed excellent timing with Giannis on hand-off's for wide open 3's over the years. He only hits wide open ones, but the way Boston is defending, he will get plenty of those. That could help them a lot.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Funny, Deadspin had an article today just bashing the Bucks because Bud and Giannis said they weren't going to change their gameplan in response to the Celtics winning game 1 big.

Look, I get it, you lost a playoff game, and you looked bad. But this is the Bucks. You don't change what you did for 82 games that made you the best team in the league (in a dominating fashion) because you got spanked in ONE game. You come out, play your game, and be a better version of yourselves.

Bucks are starting to be assertive. This is the Bucks we have been watching for 86 games.

Granted, the first game was the Bucks we saw a few times this season. Hopefully, it's out of their system now.

Bucks are starting to be assertive. This is the Bucks we have been watching for 86 games.

Granted, the first game was the Bucks we saw a few times this season. Hopefully, it's out of their system now.

I think when you're a 60 win team, that team we saw in game one..... I wouldn't expect to show up too often.

Lopez with a -17 supports my belief that he's not a good match-up for them. Sometimes even a single game +/- is representative of a player's actual impact. Nothing against him but this isn't the series for him when Ersan and Niko are both 100%. He has help defense in the paint, but they need better perimeter defense. And most of Boston's drivers are too quick for his help defense anyway.

Lopez with a -17 supports my belief that he's not a good match-up for them. Sometimes even a single game +/- is representative of a player's actual impact. Nothing against him but this isn't the series for him when Ersan and Niko are both 100%. He has help defense in the paint, but they need better perimeter defense. And most of Boston's drivers are too quick for his help defense anyway.

He was +2 on Sunday. Only Buck in the positive.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

C's fans are hilarious:

Game 1 when they outshot us by 20%: "OMG we are so much more talented this is over"

Game 2 when we outshoot them by a couple points: "Ya no way Bucks can possibly play any better than they did today and Kyrie can't possibly have done worse will never happen again"

Bucks fans, lots of them, were a similar brand of annoying after Game 1. 2nd quarter of this game my brother is texting me that this series is over and Giannis is "scared."

Really I didn't even think they were close to their best tonight other than Middleton. Bledsoe played well tonight. Most everyone else was just ok at best. Or great in spurts, bad in other spurts.

I think the biggest difference this game from the last was that Milwaukee took what they were given instead of trying to force an inside game. If they want to pack the paint into the defensive transition and leave a lot of 3s, so be it.

Bucks fans, lots of them, were a similar brand of annoying after Game 1. 2nd quarter of this game my brother is texting me that this series is over and Giannis is "scared."

To be fair, Giannis was playing scared for 5 or 6 quarters. Scared may be the wrong word, tentative maybe?

Great win, Boston still got what they wanted- one of the games. Lets get one back in Boston! Hopefully Brogdon is back game 3.

Boston got a win, but I didn't expect the home team to win every game of the series. It's a series now.

I expected the Bucks to win all their home games though, oh well. One big adjustment the Bucks made is switching on the pnr. They usually dont do that, but realized after game 1 they needed to adjust.

If the Celtics were indeed in our heads, it was huge to win this one in a blowout for confidence heading into Boston.

I'm happy, but I'm more relieved than happy.

Went to the game tonight and it was awesome. The sequence where Bledsoe blew past Kyrie and missed the open layup, but then came right back and hit a 3 felt like a HUUGE turning point. It felt like he was more assertive and that opened things up. That and Middleton hitting 7 of 10 from 3.

Other than Lopez, I feel pretty good if Bled is playing like he can. Lopez just shouldn't be on the court probably. In fact, unless Houston were to come back from 2-0 for Golden State, I think he might be a little bit of a liability vs the teams we'd most likely play the rest of the way...but Mirotic, Ersan and Giannis should be just fine.

They were still pretty damn tough on Giannis, but it seemed like he forced the contact a little more and made the refs make the call.

Game 3's gonna be big now. Both superstars have had bad games. Bucks have a chance to get home court back.

Archived