Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 playoffs Rd 2 vs Boston Celtics

DuWayne Steurer
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who's making excuses for them? Anyone and everyone who acts like their talent and performance are comparable to the Bucks this year, that's who. Anyone who just lists how many big names they have and assumes the great results are going to start any day now. It's based on reputation and on-paper roster examinations, not on results.

You cite their +4.5 differential, 6th-best in the NBA and probably about 397th-best all-time, and call them elite; what does that make the Bucks and their +8.9 differential, 17th-best all-time? Nobody is saying they're bad and nobody is saying they don't have a chance, but the Bucks have been the far superior team this year, period.

Brown is a bad fit who can't shoot, Rozier's postseason last year was a fluke, and Tatum has molded himself into an iso-ball chucker, probably thanks to his offseason workouts with Kobe. Hayward is still working his way back into form, and Horford is a half step slower. Smart is hurt. Kyrie made them better on offense but much worse on defense. Toronto and Milwaukee are much better teams than Philly and Boston. The latter teams have a chance, as 3 and 4 seeds usually do, but they should definitely be underdogs.

Sure doesn't look like either of these in particular is true.

And Brown shot nearly 40 pct from 3 last year.

Giannis has been just completely punked by Hoford today.

It's going to be a tough series to win if we start out with an L at home.

Horford is a good player, but letting him just shut down your all-world superstar like this ?(just like the C's had it drawn up) seems like the Bucks had no idea this was what the Celtics were ABSOLUTELY GOING TO TRY TO DO.

This lead isn't insurmountable, but it has that feel, like the Bucks just aren't in this game right now.

It isn't JUST Horford. He's making the plays on the ball, but it's the fact that Giannis has nowhere to go when he gets down there, so instead of being able to go around Horford, he's trying to go straight up over him. And that's not working.

The Bucks will look better and it's just one game, but it's baffling to me why people couldn't see how talented Boston was, how deep they were and what a bad matchup they were for the Bucks with several bigs to throw at Giannis, Lopez basically being eliminated.

Who's making excuses for them? Anyone and everyone who acts like their talent and performance are comparable to the Bucks this year, that's who. Anyone who just lists how many big names they have and assumes the great results are going to start any day now. It's based on reputation and on-paper roster examinations, not on results.

You cite their +4.5 differential, 6th-best in the NBA and probably about 397th-best all-time, and call them elite; what does that make the Bucks and their +8.9 differential, 17th-best all-time? Nobody is saying they're bad and nobody is saying they don't have a chance, but the Bucks have been the far superior team this year, period.

Brown is a bad fit who can't shoot, Rozier's postseason last year was a fluke, and Tatum has molded himself into an iso-ball chucker, probably thanks to his offseason workouts with Kobe. Hayward is still working his way back into form, and Horford is a half step slower. Smart is hurt. Kyrie made them better on offense but much worse on defense. Toronto and Milwaukee are much better teams than Philly and Boston. The latter teams have a chance, as 3 and 4 seeds usually do, but they should definitely be underdogs.

Dude nobody reasonable thought the Bucks would sweep this series. Games like this happen. I'm not gonna draw broad conclusions from game one. I think this is one of the tougher matchups but this is gonna be a competitive series.

Bucks erased a 15 point deficit in the 2nd quarter in less than 3 minutes. Not turning this off yet.

For sure. A whole quarter left. But they're gonna have to get to the hoop. I don't see them making as many tough and or long 3's in the 4th quarter.

Dude nobody reasonable thought the Bucks would sweep this series. Games like this happen. I'm not gonna draw broad conclusions from game one. I think this is one of the tougher matchups but this is gonna be a competitive series.

Of course. That's pretty much exactly what I said and was told that it was because of Boston's history and not their personnel right now or was told how the young guys that nearly led Boston to the NBA finals last year really aren't good just because.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It also doesn't help that Boston can basically mug Giannis down low without getting the calls that normal super stars get. Or that Lopez can go up and get all ball and get called for a foul.

I'm trying not to rag on the officiating, because the Bucks are getting to the line, but there is a lot of uncalled hard contact on Giannis this game that's leading into why Horford + have been so effective.

It also doesn't help that Boston can basically mug Giannis down low without getting the calls that normal super stars get. Or that Lopez can go up and get all ball and get called for a foul.

I'm trying not to rag on the officiating, because the Bucks are getting to the line, but there is a lot of uncalled hard contact on Giannis this game that's leading into why Horford + have been so effective.

FT differential or not, they're allowing guys to beat up in Giannis.

That's a wrap. Boston now has home field baring a very-very unlikely comeback right here.

FT differential or not, they're allowing guys to beat up in Giannis.

That's a wrap. Boston now has home field baring a very-very unlikely comeback right here.

No offense, just always found this take rather silly. So the Bucks win one game in Boston and then have it back. How often does it really happen where the home team wins every game and the series goes 7.

Bucks just can't come out and do this again. I doubt that they do.

Wow so they just stop it at 2-0 now? That's kinda cool, should shorten the playoffs a bit.

Do I really need to precede every statement of mine with "I think", or was the intent and meaning of my post understood?

No offense, just always found this take rather silly. So the Bucks win one game in Boston and then have it back. How often does it really happen where the home team wins every game and the series goes 7.

Bucks just can't come out and do this again. I doubt that they do.

It's not silly, it's a fact. The Celts have taken HCA now. Nobody said the Bucks can't take it back, but they have it now.

Archived