Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-24: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The World Champion Boston Red Sox are 9-15. It's just too early for all this constant doom and gloom.

It doesn’t matter what the record is. How can you watch this team and not see how awful they are in all parts of the game right now? That’s why there’s the doom and gloom.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The World Champion Boston Red Sox are 9-15. It's just too early for all this constant doom and gloom.

It doesn’t matter what the record is. How can you watch this team and not see how awful they are in all parts of the game right now? That’s why there’s the doom and gloom.

They certainly went through streaks last year where they looked this bad (the 5-game Pirates series immediately comes to mind). I don't know if any were as prolonged, though.

I've got doom. I've got gloom. I ain't got much else. Arcia's glove is awesome.

Oh, and just wait till Fielder, Weeks, Hardy, & Gallardo make it to the bigs, then we'll have something special. Hopefully Ned doesn't wear out Sheets' arm while we wait...

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Also, that is why Gamel is on this team. I don't know if Santana would have/could have put together an at-bat like that.

Why would you think that he couldn't?

Perhaps he could have. I don't remember him as an incredibly patient hitter. We'll never know.

His career BB% is almost 3% higher than Gamel's and he swings at pitches out of the zone 1% less than Gamel.

Also, that is why Gamel is on this team. I don't know if Santana would have/could have put together an at-bat like that.

Why would you think that he couldn't?

Perhaps he could have. I don't remember him as an incredibly patient hitter. We'll never know.

IDK, he always drew a lot of walks. Usually had an OBP significantly higher than avg approaching 100 pts other than the mess that was the beginning of last year

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

IDK, he always drew a lot of walks. Usually had an OBP significantly higher than avg approaching 100 pts other than the mess that was the beginning of last year

Yeah, maybe I'm just jaded by how utterly horrible he was at the beginning of last year. Tough to figure who the real Domingo actually is. If the numbers he's putting up now are real, the Brewers likely got taken to the cleaners on that deal. But ... it's early.

BRef has Santana with a .1 WAR and Gamel with a .2 WAR.

I'm calling it, we win the trade.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

When we opened the season 7-1 we weren't suddenly a .875 winning percentage true talent level team.

In the 18 games since we have gone 6-12, we aren't suddenly a .333 winning percentage true talent level team.

It's almost like the truth lies somewhere in the middle, we've known that all along & we won't find out for sure what exactly the truth is for another five months.

We went 5-11 from July 7 through July 25 last year & 5-10 from August 1st to August 18th & still had the best record in the NL.

Because I watched last year’s team and saw how awful they were in all parts of the game for stretches, and then I saw them become an unstoppable force to close out the season. Too early to start panicking about anything right now, this team is talented and will win a bunch of games.

Because I watched last year’s team and saw how awful they were in all parts of the game for stretches, and then I saw them become an unstoppable force to close out the season. Too early to start panicking about anything right now, this team is talented and will win a bunch of games.

Last year‘s team had a very good bullpen all year that became great in August, this year‘s team has a terrible bullpen.

This team has no chance to win anything this year with the bullpen that we have now.

This team is on a downslide but they are playing a very hard schedule and give them a break. This team is having issues with their rotation as well as pen. It will be nice to see some of the starters go deeper but hopefully Gio will help some.I still think Krimbrel would help in the Bullpen.

Archived