Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-23: Brewers (Davies) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) [Brewers lose 4-3 -- Arcia hits HR; Shaw hits 2 HRs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Claudio is more impressive each time he pitches. Starting to really like him.

You hated him like two days ago. He isn't a different pitcher than he was two days ago.

I did? I do not recollect that. Are you sure it was me?

Not really.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Sure a lot of barking about Braun lately and he’s actually been pretty good over the last week. Time to point the finger elsewhere for a bit maybe.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ah, remember when we thought we had a gem with Wilson? Put him back on the scrap heap pile.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sure a lot of barking about Braun lately and he’s actually been pretty good over the last week. Time to point the finger elsewhere for a bit maybe.

He's got a -0.4 WAR for this season and he led the dumpster fire inning last night by a ridiculously bad play on a popup. It's well deserved. I also gave him credit yesterday saying at least he's still hitting for power.

Other deserving candidates like Aguilar and Shaw are definitely getting just as much grief as they should.

He's got a -0.4 WAR for this season and he led the dumpster fire inning last night by a ridiculously bad play on a popup. It's well deserved. I also gave him credit yesterday saying at least he's still hitting for power.

Other deserving candidates like Aguilar and Shaw are definitely getting just as much grief as they should.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cbfc9af4951312f73298d39

Pointed out a week ago that we really haven't played good ball this year and was told our record is all that matters. Well, we're not going to have that leg to stand on much longer.

I never like the argument of “we still have a good record” or “everyone else is losing so we are still ok”. You can tell when the team has it or doesn’t, and this team hasn’t had it since after the first three series.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cbfc9af4951312f73298d39

Archived