Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-22: Brewers (Houser) at Cardinals (Flaherty) [Brewers lose, 13-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Houser looks like just another guy.

I mean, did you really expect anything more?

Not all of us are pessimists.

Haha oooooookaaaay.

Or the guy has been mostly terrible for a large portion of his MiLB career and comes up for his starting debut. Not hard to imagine that will go poorly.

Not saying he doesn’t have promise, but hardly something special that would come up and dominate.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Haha oooooookaaaay.

Or the guy has been mostly terrible for a large portion of his MiLB career and comes up for his starting debut. Not hard to imagine that will go poorly.

Not saying he doesn’t have promise, but hardly something special that would come up and dominate.

Just how many young pitchers come up and dominate? I was hoping for better from Houser tonight for sure, but all is certainly not lost. I think he showed enough for a longer audition.

Houser looks like just another guy.

I mean, did you really expect anything more?

Not all of us are pessimists.

And some of us know something about baseball, this in game thread is just awful. Especially the part about the pitching coach, there is no way the pitching coach has anything to do with Houser getting hit hard tonight by a good offense. This is why I have half the game thread on ignore at this point, too many people who don't understand the game has ups and downs.

It's almost like Stearns went on vacation during the off-season and let Doug Melvin put this pitching staff together.

???

If that was the case there would have been at least one signing of an aging, mediocre starter. We have young arms that we need to let pitch. April is the time to do it, figure out what exactly we have.

Coming into tonight the Cardinals have allowed more home runs per game than the Brewers.

The Brewers have hit the 2nd most HRs and allowed the the 3rd most HRs per game in MLB. In addition to playing good teams it is possible the Brewers have played in some favorable offensive environments thus far. Not making excuses, and the pitching certainly has struggled, but there could be additional contributing factors as well.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

And some of us know something about baseball, this in game thread is just awful. Especially the part about the pitching coach, there is no way the pitching coach has anything to do with Houser getting hit hard tonight by a good offense. This is why I have half the game thread on ignore at this point, too many people who don't understand the game has ups and downs.

:laughing : :rolleyes :laughing :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's almost like a lot of people don't realize there are like 138 of these things left.

Haha oooooookaaaay.

Just how many young pitchers come up and dominate? I was hoping for better from Houser tonight for sure, but all is certainly not lost. I think he showed enough for a longer audition.

I wasn’t referring to the long term viability at all when it come to Houser. I rarely have any good expectation to someone making an unplanned start like this. All too common someone like Houser gets hammered.

Does it ever get lonely up on your pedestal? It's great that you're knowledgeable about the game and I agree that you are. But you have been talking down to fellow posters for years and stating your opinions as facts for years, and I don't even know if you realize you do it.

Whether there are 138 or 38 left the pitching has been abysmal. Not rusty, it's been horrendous.

Yes, it has.

& despite abysmal, horrendous pitching & playing a very difficult early slate of games & half the line up seemingly forgetting how to hit, we still have won more games than we have lost.

Ahhh, baseball.

Archived