Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-22: Brewers (Houser) at Cardinals (Flaherty) [Brewers lose, 13-5]

Eye Black
Burnes done for the night. 54 pitches 30 strikes

3 ip 1 hit 3 bb 3 ks. Assuming threw more off speed, hence the walks.

It seems odd to me that they wouldn't leave him out there for his typical starter's pitch count. He seemed to be pitching just fine.

Maybe he threw so many breaking pitches, they protecting his elbow.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burnes done for the night. 54 pitches 30 strikes

3 ip 1 hit 3 bb 3 ks. Assuming threw more off speed, hence the walks.

It seems odd to me that they wouldn't leave him out there for his typical starter's pitch count. He seemed to be pitching just fine.

Maybe he threw so many breaking pitches, they protecting his elbow.

Probably just saving bullets.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Arcia nearly getting hit by a pitch, still swings, and hurts himself (not anything serious).

Sounds like something Arcia would do. On most swings.

I was just glad he didn't make 2 outs. Sure, nobody was on, but if anyone could find a way to hit into a double play with nobody on it's Arcia...

Houser looks like just another guy.

I mean, did you really expect anything more?

I guess I’d hope we would pull a rabbit out of a hat somewhere, sometime, with this organization and pitching. I’m on board with firing the pitching coach. Too many of these guys getting hit hard.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Houser looks like just another guy.

I mean, did you really expect anything more?

I don't agree with the assessment of Houser being just a guy any more than I would of that assessment of Burnes, Peralta or Woodruff. They all have decent talent but they are all young. The choice remains the same as it was before Houser came up. Are you gong to take the lumps and let the young arms grow up or not?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived