Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-21: Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 6-5 -- Thames 3-run HR in 8th ties it; Bellinger HR in the 9th proves the difference]

Eye Black
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracks in Haders armor. Not good.

It was a poorly located pitch to a really good and hot hitter. Not much more to it than that.

Back to back L’s on homers is just not good.

That's fine if you want to look at it that way and you're not wrong in that the results are poor. I'm just not ever going to be the type that ignores the underlying information and make decisions based solely on the result.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Amazing how massive the strike zone got for Jansen in the 9th. He was missing his spots big time and getting rewarded by the ump for doing so. Hope the Brewers don’t have to face LA again in October because I won’t be able to handle it, they own us.

I’ll take my chances with another postseason appearance.

The Dodgers have a significantly better and deeper roster than the Brewers, especially when their starting pitchers are healthy. But, I don’t consider a record of 11-9 over the last 2 seasons, counting the NLCS, to be “ownership”.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Uecker said on radio that the Braun hit put him in third place in our history.

And that’s as high as he will ever get.

:laughing oh?

I guess I should have looked at the list before I posted that because I thought Molitor had more than 2281 of his career hits for the Brewers. But I would still bet against Braun getting

465 more hits for the Brewers. Between advancing age, injuries, and declining skills that will take him the better part of 4 seasons or more.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Amazing how massive the strike zone got for Jansen in the 9th. He was missing his spots big time and getting rewarded by the ump for doing so. Hope the Brewers don’t have to face LA again in October because I won’t be able to handle it, they own us.

They gonna own the entire NL. There head & shoulders better than anyone else, and it’s not close.

The good news is they probably not gonna get too much better, while I think, the crew, like last year, will.

Gonna need a dominating pen to have any chance to beat them though.

It is too bad that people still want to bury their heads in the sand regarding the pitching. Hader is a great piece but needs help. Oh well I won't bring up you know who.

IMO the issue is:

People on this site trust David Stearns to build a quality pen on the cheap. Because that’s Stearns M/O.

People on this site love Mark Attanasio and believe when he said we’re “all in”and have done what we can do budget wise other than at the trade deadline, believe him with all of their heart and minds.

I call it small-marketitis, with blind trust mixed in.

They gonna own the entire NL. There head & shoulders better than anyone else, and it’s not close.

The good news is they probably not gonna get too much better, while I think, the crew, like last year, will.

Gonna need a dominating pen to have any chance to beat them though.

They gonna?

They probably not gonna?

Please, can we not make this a texting or facebook posting thread?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It is too bad that people still want to bury their heads in the sand regarding the pitching. Hader is a great piece but needs help. Oh well I won't bring up you know who.

IMO the issue is:

People on this site trust David Stearns to build a quality pen on the cheap. Because that’s Stearns M/O.

People on this site love Mark Attanasio and believe when he said we’re “all in”and have done what we can do budget wise other than at the trade deadline, believe him with all of their heart and minds.

I agree with you 100 percent. It's a shame. You have struggled for 30 years to develop pitching and now all of a sudden in one year you think you have developed three?? It makes zero sense from any point of view as a fan of this team. The chance this was going to work out well was slim to none.

IMO the issue is:

I think our All-In is still 10 million below league avg salary..... Mark A gets an A for ownership, but we still have to have so much to go right, especially with injuries, for us to be elite. Currently, we are in 3rd place, with the only negative run differential in the Central.

so but pitching is a major concern and hopefully the Fo sees this .

I think the front offices hands are tied in regards to kimbrel or Kuechel.

I believe stearns would have signed kimbrel when he dropped his price and years to what’s been reported.

Archived