Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-19: Dodgers (Stripling) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Hader allows go ahead HR in 8th inning]

Eye Black

46727265135_6b383b3a89_c.jpg

46727265095_6a1d76dc81_c.jpg

[pre]Dodgers Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Joc Pederson (L) LF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Corey Seager (L) SS 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Justin Turner ® 3B 3. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B

4. Cody Bellinger (L) 1B 4. Yasmani Grandal (S) C

5. A.J. Pollock ® CF 5. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

6. Max Muncy (L) 2B 6. Eric Thames (L) 1B

7. Alex Verdugo (L) RF 7. Ben Gamel (L) LF

8. Austin Barnes ® C 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Ross Stripling ® P 9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P[/pre]

Jhoulys Chacín: Batter (Dodgers) vs Pitching Stats

Ross Stripling: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers going with the six straight lefties in the #2 to #7 spots versus Stripling. The unfortunate part is for his career Stripling has reverse splits and is actually much tougher on left-handed hitters than right-handed batters.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I like how even the Dodgers likely 7th-8th best starter will like dominate the crew again today. Would be nice to have an extra 200 million around.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Shaw’s last 25 at bats he’s batting .280 so there’s been signs of him coming out of it. Problem is there’s been no walks and little power.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Remember when we acquired him last year and the projections were coming out about Miller Park being LHB friendly and "could he manage 25 HRs?" ... 30 was a laugh for most of us.

Dude might hit 50 of them this year..

Or 88, which he’s on pace for.

Dodger hitters don’t chase, make you have to challenge em.

Which is difficult when you don't have overwhelming stuff. Dodgers are just such a bad match up for this Brewers team. I'm surprised they hang with them as well as they do.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived