Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-18: Dodgers (Urías) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 3-1]

Eye Black
Speaking of middle-middle fastballs, Shaw isn't doing a lot with them either.

Honestly, I think the pen and staff are both pretty middling (though Hader might make the BP above-average by himself). I worry aboit how long the offense can sustain success without any contributions from Shaw and Aggy.

Grandal and Yelich aren't going to keep up the pace they are on either. It's not going to be a common thing to have every bat in the lineup either hot or struggling. Just so happens that right now every right handed bat is fairly cold to frozen which makes us susceptible to good left handed pitching. We do need the right handed bats to wake up.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now they are booing Aguilar. Fair weather for the win.

Aguilar has been terrible for over half a season now. I’d boo that they keep putting him out there.

Braun and Aguilar have both been bad. If they continue, we need to move for some RH hitting because the Dodgers will literally sweep us with all their LHP. It was a fear of most going into the season and it looks worse than previously imagined.

The same Dodgers we won 2 of 3 against a week ago? :laughing Man, the overreactions are too good around here sometimes.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Now they are booing Aguilar. Fair weather for the win.

Aguilar has been terrible for over half a season now. I’d boo that they keep putting him out there.

Well, no.

He put up an .877 OPS in August last year. .771 in Sept.

So, we're talking.... 70 PAs.

He's been awful, but it's not like he isn't trying, and it's not his fault he keeps getting put out there when he's lost.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

So, what does JJ need to do to be trusted as a save/hold guy? Two good outings? Three? Velo and location only?

He can pitch like complete garbage and not give up a run in 3 straight games and he is trusted, even if it makes no sense. The actual skills a player is showing matters very little, the results are what matters even if it makes no sense. There is no logic involved here.

Well ... some hard hit balls off Jeffress, but ended up being an effective inning. At this point, I'll take it.

Eh, Barnes has been the best reliever today and not really all that close.

Well ... some hard hit balls off Jeffress, but ended up being an effective inning. At this point, I'll take it.

[sarcasm]Probably should send Barnes down for Jackson though.[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Barnes has the stuff to be a shutdown late inning guy. For whatever reason he's been very inconsistent his whole career. I'm not expecting him to finally find it now, but given how weirdly inconsistent relievers are, who knows?

If there’s anything the Brewers can’t afford it’s a team wide hitting slump. They sure aren't going to win many low scoring games.

This could be a rough weekend against the Dodgers’ endless supply of left handed pitchers.

Braun and Aguilar need to get it going.

...and Shaw. Don't forget Shaw.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

[sarcasm]Probably should send Barnes down for Jackson though.[/sarcasm]

C'mon now.

What about it is old? They are out there and Brewers could use them. Until they sign it's going to brought up by me unless all of a sudden we start having results that dictate otherwise. Don't mean to offend your sensibilities but it's a topic.

LOL, a mod literally told you the same thing in yesterday's game thread. Yes, it is old.

Ok. I give. We have an awesome pitching staff. We don't need anyone. Go with what we got and finish over .500. Sounds swell. My opinion is in step with the official board take.

Barnes has the stuff to be a shutdown late inning guy. For whatever reason he's been very inconsistent his whole career. I'm not expecting him to finally find it now, but given how weirdly inconsistent relievers are, who knows?

I don't know about that. Obviously he wasn't good last year but the 100 or so innings prior to that he was a solid reliever. I don't know why his performance to date would be surprising.

Don't question Eddie ever. He has possibly the safest job on this team. He's been making the same mistakes for years and never gets called out.

The Windmill lives!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

What about it is old? They are out there and Brewers could use them. Until they sign it's going to brought up by me unless all of a sudden we start having results that dictate otherwise. Don't mean to offend your sensibilities but it's a topic.

LOL, a mod literally told you the same thing in yesterday's game thread. Yes, it is old.

Ok. I give. We have an awesome pitching staff. We don't need anyone. Go with what we got and finish over .500. Sounds swell. My opinion is in step with the official board take.

Yay, another poster pulling the victim card.

Look, I get the frustration with the pitching staff. I really do. But regardless of how well they pitch, the starters and relievers are going to give up runs. Because that's baseball. Having a poster continuously go back to the same argument that we need Kimbrel every time a reliever gives up a run just doesn't serve any purpose. If there is fresh news on him, then yes, by all means he should be discussed. But the arguments from both sides on why he should or shouldn't be acquired are completely played out.

Archived