Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-18: Dodgers (Urías) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 3-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bullpen isn't good. I think everyone knows that deep down, but some, myself included, were reluctant at admit it. If you score 0 it doesn't really matter, but I don't believe anybody feels confident in it right now unless Hader is out there. It's fair to say that the number of hitters flailing is a bigger problem, too.

The poor aging of that post has already been acknowledged. Thanks, though.

Albers had a rough inning against the best hitting team in the nl. Throw yourself on your sword.... :p

Sure, but the two home runs were on pitches where he missed his spots badly.

If there’s anything the Brewers can’t afford it’s a team wide hitting slump. They sure aren't going to win many low scoring games.

This could be a rough weekend against the Dodgers’ endless supply of left handed pitchers.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The poor aging of that post has already been acknowledged. Thanks, though.

Albers had a rough inning against the best hitting team in the nl. Throw yourself on your sword.... :p

I think that's fair. I'm generally pretty confident in Albers at this point. Had a bad game tonight.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I was told the bullpen has fared well.

Gotta score more than 0 to win.

You're correct, but that has nothing to do with the bullpen performance that inning.

Yep. Albers had a bad inning through the heart of the best lineup in the league.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The bullpen isn't good. I think everyone knows that deep down, but some, myself included, were reluctant at admit it. If you score 0 it doesn't really matter, but I don't believe anybody feels confident in it right now unless Hader is out there. It's fair to say that the number of hitters flailing is a bigger problem, too.

My take has been and continues to be the pen is an issue. It can be addressed either by adding a reliever or a starter. Both are available for a pro rated amount of cash. It makes zero sense to not do so because the need is glaring. Even when you get a great start you are maxing out at 5 innings. It's going to be a long summer if something isn't done.

Yep. Albers had a bad inning through the heart of the best lineup in the league.

Because he wildly missed his spots on both occasions. I mean, I'm fine with Albers and I agree he just had a bad night but he had a bad night by his own performance, not because the Dodgers did anything spectacular. It's not an either/or choice.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My take has been and continues to be the pen is an issue. It can be addressed either by adding a reliever or a starter. Both are available for a pro rated amount of cash. It makes zero sense to not do so because the need is glaring. Even when you get a great start you are maxing out at 5 innings. It's going to be a long summer if something isn't done.

Is the conversation seriously going to turn to Keuchel and Kimbrel in the IGT every time the pitching staff gives up any runs? Because that has already gotten old.

Because he wildly missed his spots on both occasions. I mean, I'm fine with Albers and I agree he just had a bad night but he had a bad night by his own performance, not because the Dodgers did anything spectacular. It's not an either/or choice.

You throw two bad pitches to Arcia and Aguilar, you're not giving up two HRs.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If there’s anything the Brewers can’t afford it’s a team wide hitting slump. They sure aren't going to win many low scoring games.

This could be a rough weekend against the Dodgers’ endless supply of left handed pitchers.

Braun and Aguilar need to get it going.

Is the conversation seriously going to turn to Keuchel and Kimbrel in the IGT every time the pitching staff gives up any runs? Because that has already gotten old.

What about it is old? They are out there and Brewers could use them. Until they sign it's going to brought up by me unless all of a sudden we start having results that dictate otherwise. Don't mean to offend your sensibilities but it's a topic.

You throw two bad pitches to Arcia and Aguilar, you're not giving up two HRs.

C'mon now. Both Arcia and Aguilar have hit home runs. Are you telling me that both have hit every home run they have ever hit off of pitchers pitches? I doubt it. Still, I think Albers is a perfectly fine reliever who had a bad night of his own doing.

Speaking of middle-middle fastballs, Shaw isn't doing a lot with them either.

Honestly, I think the pen and staff are both pretty middling (though Hader might make the BP above-average by himself). I worry aboit how long the offense can sustain success without any contributions from Shaw and Aggy.

Now they are booing Aguilar. Fair weather for the win.

Aguilar has been terrible for over half a season now. I’d boo that they keep putting him out there.

Braun and Aguilar have both been bad. If they continue, we need to move for some RH hitting because the Dodgers will literally sweep us with all their LHP. It was a fear of most going into the season and it looks worse than previously imagined.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

What about it is old? They are out there and Brewers could use them. Until they sign it's going to brought up by me unless all of a sudden we start having results that dictate otherwise. Don't mean to offend your sensibilities but it's a topic.

LOL, a mod literally told you the same thing in yesterday's game thread. Yes, it is old.

Archived