Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-16: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 8-4 -- Woodruff stellar on the mound and at the plate; Just another Yelich HR]

Eye Black
I haven't really been listening nor did I see any news really. Is there a chance Jeffress pitches tonight? If he is available a stable lead holds it would seem like a good spot to try getting him work.

When Stearns was in the booth said they were going to ease him back in with low leverage appearances, so if this lead holds he may well pitch tonight.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't really been listening nor did I see any news really. Is there a chance Jeffress pitches tonight? If he is available a stable lead holds it would seem like a good spot to try getting him work.

I hope his first few appearances are in low leverage situations. HUGE leads, or getting thumped...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Depends on what the defensive metrics think of him. I know fans think he is bad defensively but most metrics think he is above average. I'm sure the team can evaluate that stuff better than we can. There is a mutual option for 2020.

Depends on what the defensive metrics think of him. I know fans think he is bad defensively but most metrics think he is above average. I'm sure the team can evaluate that stuff better than we can. There is a mutual option for 2020.

What fans think Grandal is bad defensively? I'd probably stop asking their opinions.

What fans think Grandal is bad defensively? I'd probably stop asking their opinions.

He isn't bad, he's good, but his throws to 2nd have been pretty embarrassing against Pina's.

Down on the farm......Hiura just hit number 4

Too bad that buy won't be ready until 2020.

Magically he's managing to put up those numbers with an outlandish 43% K rate. So yeah, brake tapping and whatnot.

Does K% mean very much two weeks into the season?

I don't know what it is about the Cardinals. Last year they won 88 games but just didn't look like a typical Cardinals team. Off to a good start this year, but again just don't look like a typical Cardinals team. Is it just because I'm used to them being a better team than the Brewers and now the Brewers are a better team? For some reason I don't think so. Maybe their homegrown pitching just doesn't seem to be as good as it once was? Last year they really didn't have that one intimidator in the lineup, but Goldschmidt should have fixed the impression? Maybe it's just because LaRussa isn't there anymore? Something just seems missing.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So ... this Woodruff guy has a chance of being pretty good.

Now, if we can just get Burnes to stop giving up home runs.............

But if you look past the HRs, he looks great!

Seriously though, you can see the tools in every start. I don't know if its losing concentration or what.

Schroeder wants the Brewers to start pouring it on. Better get those bats going....

We all want them to pour it on!

Coach Cooper would give you a one way ticket to the showers if pouring it on wasn't being performed on a nightly basis.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Schroeder wants the Brewers to start pouring it on. Better get those bats going....

We all want them to pour it on!

Coach Cooper would give you a one way ticket to the showers if pouring it on wasn't being performed on a nightly basis.

I'm afraid of where this is going now.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived