Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-7 -- Christian Yelich gives away a puppy, hits 3 home runs, tallies 7 RBI, makes sliding and diving catches, sheepishly obliges to curtain call]

Eye Black
At what point do we stop being patient?

I’d say next month. Sometime in May if it hasn’t gotten better.

Agreed. It's not like the Cubs or Cardinals pitching his lighting the world on fire.

But that's when we could be pulling ahead. I hate the idea that it's early so if you lose some games it's not that big of a deal as you have time to make up the ground. I'd rather be ahead 10 games at the ASB instead of battling to stay ahead.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kind of loathe Yelich at this point. He's about 100 times better at what he does than I will ever be at anything. He can go straight to hell for making me feel inadequate.

Yeah, but he doesn't get to participate in these in-game threads. He'll never know the joy/agony of watching this team play from an outsiders perspective.

But that's when we could be pulling ahead. I hate the idea that it's early so if you lose some games it's not that big of a deal as you have time to make up the ground. I'd rather be ahead 10 games at the ASB instead of battling to stay ahead.

Eh, we hear that talk every year and it never happens. The NL is so deep. I don't think anyone was ever going to run away with anything.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I kind of loathe Yelich at this point. He's about 100 times better at what he does than I will ever be at anything. He can go straight to hell for making me feel inadequate.

Yeah, but he doesn't get to participate in these in-game threads. He'll never know the joy/agony of watching this team play from an outsiders perspective.

Well, he can read them when he gets home.

At what point do we stop being patient?

Probably not April 15th. April stats mean very little in the big picture of baseball other than the Wins and Losses sticking with you all year obviously. It isn't until May that everyone starts to really come into their own skills. If you take a baseball season and chop off April and September you get a better picture of a player than using the full season imo. Those two months are just complete outliers.

I agree with you 100 pct, but at the same time, there are plenty of spots that you know you have holes with or without waiting. I'm not even close to getting ready to jump ship on any of the three young arms, on any starter, but you know you need BP help.

It's frankly a miracle we're where we are. We probably should have lost about 3 more games.

I'm going to a game next month. I'm bringing a sign that says my parents will get me a Porsche if Yelich hits a home run.

I'll be in Atlanta for the Braves series. I won't be holding a sign.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Eh, we hear that talk every year and it never happens. The NL is so deep. I don't think anyone was ever going to run away with anything.

Also ... its April. Everyone is a playoff contender. That means trade asks are going to be sky high.

Archived