Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-7 -- Christian Yelich gives away a puppy, hits 3 home runs, tallies 7 RBI, makes sliding and diving catches, sheepishly obliges to curtain call]

Eye Black
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How on earth does Grandal not get a glove on that pitch.

Unbelievable.

Have you ever caught and had someone throw a fastball when you’re expecting some sort of off-speed? My guess is that’s what happened.

So it is a common thing for a professional catcher to have happen. ok, thanks for the insight.

Gotta love the condescending tone of your response. Well-done sir :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers pitching is making their games painfully long and borderline unwatchable.

It may be too early to panic, but it isn’t too early to say that some significant improvements are needed or the team is in big trouble.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

How long does Mark A just sit by and watch this team's pitching and not ask what will it take to sign the Killer Ks? I mean when he said he had to be talked into starting the 3 young guys it sounded like he wasn't on board. Enough already. This team needs a starter and a pen piece. Do it Mark.

At what point do we stop being patient?

I’d say next month. Sometime in May if it hasn’t gotten better.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Probably not April 15th. April stats mean very little in the big picture of baseball other than the Wins and Losses sticking with you all year obviously. It isn't until May that everyone starts to really come into their own skills. If you take a baseball season and chop off April and September you get a better picture of a player than using the full season imo. Those two months are just complete outliers.

I'm starting to wonder what the point is of leaving Adrian Houser down in San Antonio racking up dominant start after dominant start. Could this team not use another multi-inning power arm in the pen?

Or a dominating starter for that matter...

The hot hand in AAA is much like the backup QB, everyone's favorite. Just remember Woodruff, Burnes, and Peralta were more dominant over a much longer stretch and we see hiw they're doing. I mean Wilkerson has been pretty dominant too, but I guarantee you won't like what you see if he's ever brought up. That said, Im sure Houser will get a chance soon. They just need to figure out who to replace first. Quite a competition in the rotation and pen for the suckiest of the sucky pitcher.

I’d say next month. Sometime in May if it hasn’t gotten better.

Agreed. It's not like the Cubs or Cardinals pitching his lighting the world on fire.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Well someone is getting booted for Nelson when he returns...maybe someone in the rotation. That’s for sure and Nelson sounds to be doing well these days. So there’s that.

We aren’t trading for someone any time soon and if you are hoping for Keuchel or Kimbrel you are sadly dreaming.

Brewers pitching is making their games painfully long and borderline unwatchable.

It may be too early to panic, but it isn’t too early to say that some significant improvements are needed or the team is in big trouble.

True, but you do know [sarcasm]there's absolutely zero reason to do anything about the pitching until everyone else is trying to at the trade deadline.[/sarcasm]

Stearns is watching the same games. If there's something to be done, something reasonable, he'll be looking to do it no doubt.

As far as before we go outside the organization to get pitching help? I'd say Mid-May or once we are .500, whichever comes first. AS far as changes within the organization, they can probably start to happen tomorrow.

Archived