Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-7 -- Christian Yelich gives away a puppy, hits 3 home runs, tallies 7 RBI, makes sliding and diving catches, sheepishly obliges to curtain call]

Eye Black
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brewers obviously know more about them than me, but man on the eyeball test Mouse 3rd and Shaw 2nd seems smoother.

Shaw is the 3B for the immediate and pretty distant future. Why move him for one season, only to mess with him and move him back next year, when you have another guy who is on a one year deal who is arguably roughly the same there defensively?

Brewers obviously know more about them than me, but man on the eyeball test Mouse 3rd and Shaw 2nd seems smoother.

Shaw is the 3B for the immediate and pretty distant future. Why move him for one season, only to mess with him and move him back next year, when you have another guy who is on a one year deal who is arguably roughly the same there defensively?

We did it for a few months...what is the difference?

Moose had never played 2B. Shaw already logged a couple months there last year, so not sure it would be messing with him to play both spots this year.

The ERA has been passable so far, but watching Claudio so far this year I'm just not impressed by him at all.

I hope this statement ends up looking silly by the end of the season, but I would gladly take a mulligan on that trade and get the draft pick back.

EDIT: Full disclosure, that was my least favorite trade of the Stearns era from day one.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Stearns helped trade away Hader and just about every lefty pitcher he’s picked up has stunk. Maybe he should hand over the reigns to someone else in this department.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The ERA has been passable so far, but watching Claudio so far this year I'm just not impressed by him at all.

Maybe because he just plain sucks butt...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I hope this statement ends up looking silly by the end of the season, but I would gladly take a mulligan on that trade and get the draft pick back.

Yea. Not a fan of Claudio at all.

Brewers needed to score 3 or 4 out of those chances they had in the third and fourth. 6 runs isn’t going to be nearly enough to win this game and the Cardinals are a lot better positioned with their bullpen.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

How the hell does Goldschmidt only have a .907 OPS? What the hell are other teams doing to get him out??

I would guess, and this is only a guess, they don't give him big fat juicy meatballs to crush into oblivion...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'd guess seeing the Sinker as his most thrown pitch he's a groundball DP guy. So he'll keep the ball in the park and get them DPs, this kind of inning is how you get to his ERA. He's probably more a situational LHP vs. one to go 1 full inning.

Archived