Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-7 -- Christian Yelich gives away a puppy, hits 3 home runs, tallies 7 RBI, makes sliding and diving catches, sheepishly obliges to curtain call]

Eye Black
Yelich-Goldschmidt still would have been just amazing. Sorry to bring that back up but dang.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sheesh ... with all the odd injury delays, this is going to end up seeming like a West Coast game.

Here with my wife who just said oh, lovely I’ll be home by midnight. She has to work tomorrow.... I am on spring break!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

There's a lot of "what if?" about us getting Goldschmidt, but were the Brewers EVER in on those talks? Why would the Brewers expend any serious amount of resources to get a first baseman when they have 2 solid 1B already? I know Aguilar is struggling, but the guy is coming off an all-star season, and Thames isn't exactly chopped liver.

I just have my doubts that the Brewers ever seriously considered pursuing Goldschmidt.

Yelich-Goldschmidt still would have been just amazing. Sorry to bring that back up but dang.

That lineup would have been murder. Man ... what could have been ...

But could it of though? Was that ever a possibility?

And...we're speaking hypothetically, which former D-back would you rather have on this team, Corbin or Goldy?

Roughly the same price for both...both changed teams. Corbin was likely never going anywhere but the East Coast, but still...

I agree with you 100 pct, but at the same time, there are plenty of spots that you know you have holes with or without waiting. I'm not even close to getting ready to jump ship on any of the three young arms, on any starter, but you know you need BP help.

It's frankly a miracle we're where we are. We probably should have lost about 3 more games.

If Jeffress comes back and solidifies the 9th. Hader handles the 8th and sometimes the 7th I think the bullpen is plenty deep. Especially if Nelson is productive and moves one of the 3 young guys into the bullpen. Suddenly I think the bullpen is back to being a strength. Guerra, Albers and Wilson look pretty solid. Jeffress, Hader, Guerra, Wilson, Burnes, Albers is a productive bullpen to me.

Obviously Jeffress shoulder could be an issue all season and Nelson could flame out and then they probably need to add an arm or even two.

There's a lot of "what if?" about us getting Goldschmidt, but were the Brewers EVER in on those talks? Why would the Brewers expend any serious amount of resources to get a first baseman when they have 2 solid 1B already? I know Aguilar is struggling, but the guy is coming off an all-star season, and Thames isn't exactly chopped liver.

I just have my doubts that the Brewers ever seriously considered pursuing Goldschmidt.

I'd bet that Stearns inquired about him, but I'm with you. As good as he is, and that is much-much better than anyone not named Yelich that we have, didn't really seem like a need.

He does seem like the type of guy who'll actually be a good player for most of his contract, but if Aggie can just stop pressing or over swinging, I think he'd be fine.

He's so big and his swing is so smooth, he doesn't need to corkscrew himself into the ground to try to hit one out. He can go opposite field with a check swing.

I still believe we're going to see him thrive though. Not like Goldy....but...

That lineup would have been murder. Man ... what could have been ...

It probably would have cost them someone like Woodruff (a guess), but it would have been at least one glorious offensive season indeed.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Coach Cooper used to give us stray cats for hitting HR.

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Archived