Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-14: Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Stripling) [Brewers lose, 7-1 -- Chacín gives up 6 earned runs in 2.1 IP]

Eye Black
Would be great if not every ball hit by the Brewers would go straight to a fielder, and if not every single ball the Dodgers hit would be a bloop hit or a seeing eye grounder.

i think you're over selling the luck a little bit. The Dodgers can hit and you just cannot pitch timid against them.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I know every team has games like this but I hate watching games where we have absolutely nothing in any phase of the game.

I don't mind it all that much. You get to shut it off in the 2nd and write it off. Nobody of real consequence burns their arm out in a losing effort. I'm OK for now. The worse they pitch the less I believe it can go on forever, at least I hope.

I'll take 2/3 in LA and head home.

I know every team has games like this but I hate watching games where we have absolutely nothing in any phase of the game.

I don't mind it all that much. You get to shut it off in the 2nd and write it off. Nobody of real consequence burns their arm out in a losing effort. I'm OK for now. The worse they pitch the less I believe it can go on forever, at least I hope.

I'll take 2/3 in LA and head home.

You're right. I still hate it. If we'd have won at least one against the Angels I'd feel better about it.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I don’t think I’ll get as much push back as I got earlier in the week when I said that Yelich is looking a little off at the plate. He’s picked up a few hits but hasn’t hit many balls hard on this road trip. Maybe getting back home will help.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

For all the Barnes whining here, he really hasn't been bad since his AAA time last year.

Counsell has him #7 of the 8 pen arms. Mop up duty, lowest pressure situations he’s barely serviceable. gonna be tough for him to hold off Jackson for much longer, in my opinion.

This start has the potential to put the Brewer's rotation at the bottom of the NL in ERA.

It's not already?

Now that our starter crapped out again and Colorado's threw a one hitter, we're officially in the dumpster.

To be fair though the Brewers may very well have the hardest difficulty of pitching of any team on the season. We have faced nothing but above average offenses and many of them are absolutely top end offenses.

To be fair though the Brewers may very well have the hardest difficulty of pitching of any team on the season. We have faced nothing but above average offenses and many of them are absolutely top end offenses.

And despite that, the team is above .500 and leading the NL Central.

With Jeffress due back...

Archived