Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-13: Brewers (Davies) at Dodgers (Ferguson) [Brewers win, 4-1 -- Davies allows just 1 run over 7.0 IP; Guerra notches 1st career save]

Eye Black
Move everyone down in the order not named Yelich, Cain or Grandal. Or wait, it’s not even 50 at bats into the season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If there is one thing this board has down it's hot takes based on small samples. Not aimed at anyone in particular but good grief.

I know what you mean. My Davies post was more of a hope than a declaration. I've always liked guys like Davies who aren't country strong and aren't winging it at 96+. He knows how to pitch. I know there's a lot of Brewer fans who don't like him, including some on this board. I think that actually makes me root for him even more.

If there is one thing this board has down it's hot takes based on small samples. Not aimed at anyone in particular but good grief.

I know what you mean. My Davies post was more of a hope than a declaration. I've always liked guys like Davies who aren't country strong and aren't winging it at 96+. He knows how to pitch. I know there's a lot of Brewer fans who don't like him, including some on this board. I think that actually makes me root for him even more.

I'm fine with Davies and he, along with Chacin, have been a calming influence on the rotation. What I'm not fine with is a whole rotation full of soft tossers like Davies. He's fine in this rotation and has pitched well. Is he back? Let's give it a couple more weeks.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Kudos to the Dodgers organist who played the Simpsons theme last night when Burnes came to bat and Come Dancing tonight when Davies came to bat.

Kudos to you for noticing. I never would have.

Kudos to the Dodgers organist who played the Simpsons theme last night when Burnes came to bat and Come Dancing tonight when Davies came to bat.

Kudos to you for noticing. I never would have.

agreed.

He's a clever one though...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

"3rd time through the order? Hogwash!" - Zach Davies, probably

I wonder if there is any data that describes the relationship between the "third time through" numbers and the experience level of the pitcher.

JJ update

Not good.

What speeds was he throwing last season?

Not sure why it's bad. As Stearns says, last year JJ was throwing 90-92 in early April, but slowly worked it up. Sounds like he's not throwing 83-84 like spring training. Looking forward to him being back

Not sure why it's bad. As Stearns says, last year JJ was throwing 90-92 in early April, but slowly worked it up. Sounds like he's not throwing 83-84 like spring training. Looking forward to him being back

You're right. I got caught thinking about end of year JJ. It does show just how much of a question mark the pen was at the beginning of last year. Not all that different then now, I think. Thanks for the reality check.

Kinda wish Davies was still pitching

Guerra has been pretty good. So has Claudio. Albers hasn't been bad. Hader is Hader and getting JJ back would give them five arms I'd be pretty comfortable with. If they can get one guy to step up internally and maybe acquire another, the pen will be fine.

Wow, did Zach Davies give us exactly what we needed tonight. Great to see Aguilar starting to come out of it, too. Big hit last night, 1 for 2 tonight with a pair of walks. Now, if Brauny would just get it going, and Shaw, too.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Wow, did Zach Davies give us exactly what we needed tonight. Great to see Aguilar starting to come out of it, too. Big hit last night, 1 for 2 tonight with a pair of walks. Now, if Brauny would just get it going, and Shaw, too.

Shaw has had a good night as well. Not everyone is going to hit at the same time. It's just nice to have a deep enough lineup that will most likely see a couple of guys hot at any given time.

Archived