Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-12: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Burnes gives up three more HRs, but Grandal and the offense come to the rescue]

Eye Black
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun fact from Adam McCalvy:

History. The Milwaukee Brewers have scored a run against Kenley Jansen. Before tonight, he had 23 2/3 scoreless innings in 22 appearances against Milwaukee, including the postseason.

A not-so-fun fact from Adam McCalvy earlier tonight:

Corbin Burnes has surrendered three home runs for the third straight start. According to a Baseball Reference search, that matches a dubious Major League record.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is a long game.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thank the sweet baby jesus.

He was a grown man!

I had some one actually get mad at that the other day... I see Jesus as I want to ma'am!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Yes, but 27 is an usually high ERA for a MLB pitcher

I don't disagree. He was brutal. But I personally think they made the right decision bringing him back. Track record is important.

Watched the rest of the game this morning after falling asleep after the fifth inning last night.

I’m seconding your comment on Albers. I think everyone forgets how good he was before the injuries popped up last year, and then he never got it back when he was able to pitch again. But, given his track record, the Brewers have to at least give him a look to see what he can do after an offseason of recovery. He has as much of a chance to be useful as any of the other options the Brewers have.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived