Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-12: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Burnes gives up three more HRs, but Grandal and the offense come to the rescue]

Eye Black
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don’t look now, but Burnes is on pace for a Quality Start*! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to find the closest lumber yard so I can knock on all the woods.

*totally worthless stat

You should probably keep some 2x4s on hand in your garage at all times

Don’t look now, but Burnes is on pace for a Quality Start*! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to find the closest lumber yard so I can knock on all the woods.

*totally worthless stat

You should probably keep some 2x4s on hand in your garage at all times

Solid advice

Burnes needs to find that in-between location for all his pitches - not middle/middle, not 1 foot off the plate. His stuff is plenty good to be a really good starting pitcher without having to be perfect on location, but he's got to work more consistently on the fringes.

holy cow, what a play by Arcia!

And then more middle/middle to the guy you just can't do that to on the Dodgers...sheesh

How does anyone except Arcia to be a consistent hitter when he continuously pulls his back foot?

It makes no sense that that can't be fixed, and continues to happen with a professional baseball hitter.

Totally agree, and feel like this is where most of his criticism comes from. He has glaring, little league level issues with his swing that never improve.

How does anyone except Arcia to be a consistent hitter when he continuously pulls his back foot?

It makes no sense that that can't be fixed, and continues to happen with a professional baseball hitter.

Been saying this for two years. How is it possible that this hasn't been fixed? Unbelievable.

Burnes is going to set some HR records this year.

Can you name the Brewer single season record holder?

My guess was going to be Glendon Rusch. He must be in the top 10?

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

That's Bellinger's 8th HR this season. to 7ks. What is he juicing on? 151Ks last year 25HRs in 632 PAs. He's on pace for 80 now in comparison if sees the same amount of PAs this season.

I forgot to say. why pitch to him at this point? He's scolding hot wait til he's cooled off later in the season with a runner on base.

Burnes is going to set some HR records this year.

Can you name the Brewer single season record holder?

My guess was going to be Glendon Rusch. He must be in the top 10?

He is #11 with 30 allowed in 2002, although he did lead the NL in losses that year

Holy crap! Moose just bunted to beat the shift! Baseball purists rejoice!

I mean, he was a dead duck with a good throw, but still ... ;)

At what point will fangraphs rejoice as well? I mean if you really value OBP seems like a missed opportunity

Holy crap! Moose just bunted to beat the shift! Baseball purists rejoice!

I mean, he was a dead duck with a good throw, but still ... ;)

At least he proved that a ballplayer actually has an idea that it might work...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived