Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-12: Brewers (Burnes) at Dodgers (Urías) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Burnes gives up three more HRs, but Grandal and the offense come to the rescue]

Eye Black

47589576391_170ae830c9_c.jpg

47589576261_c2e2f4f29b_c.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Dodgers Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Joc Pederson (L) LF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Corey Seager (L) SS

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Justin Turner ® 3B

4. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B 4. Cody Bellinger (L) 1B

5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C 5. A.J. Pollock ® CF

6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 6. Alex Verdugo (L) RF

7. Hernan Perez ® 2B 7. Enrique Hernandez ® 2B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Austin Barnes ® C

9. Corbin Burnes ® P 9. Julio Urias (L) P[/pre]

Corbin Burnes: Batter (Dodgers) vs Pitching Stats

Julio Urías: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why MUST Jesus hit 4th?

Time to move him down to hit 7th until the guy figures out how to hit again.

(I'm sure he goes yard tonight just to prove me wrong.)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If you aren’t going to play Aguilar against a lefty, I don’t know when you’d use him so he becomes useless. They have to give him opportunities especially against LHP. I’m fine with Thames getting more starts vs. RHP as the two should be able to be productive as a straight platoon.

If you aren’t going to play Aguilar against a lefty, I don’t know when you’d use him so he becomes useless. They have to give him opportunities especially against LHP. I’m fine with Thames getting more starts vs. RHP as the two should be able to be productive as a straight platoon.

My argument isn't using him vs lefties, my argument is that he should not be hitting clean-up until he proves he can hit.

He has hurt us countless times this season. Our line-up is good enough that we don't have to have a struggling hitter batting 4th. Drop him until he figures some things out.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My argument isn't using him vs lefties, my argument is that he should not be hitting clean-up until he proves he can hit.

He has hurt us countless times this season. Our line-up is good enough that we don't have to have a struggling hitter batting 4th. Drop him until he figures some things out.

The problem is that who are you going to make a case for being a better option there right now against a LHP? Perez? I think you could make a case for Grandal, but that's about it.

I like Grandal hitting 5th. Hopefully he remains there the rest of the way. I agree that Aguilar should be moved down to 7th in the lineup until he proves he can actually hit. Moose, Grandal, and Shaw should all be hitting before Aguilar. If they want to keep the lefties broken up, just put Grandal between them. I was thinking Grandal would be hitting 5th most of the year anyway.

I guess i don’t see the order as all that important, he is a viable choice at 4, otherwise Moose hasn’t been hitting that much either. Still too early and too small of a sample to know for sure yadda yadda. Let’s hope Jesus has a good night tonight.

The problem is that who are you going to make a case for being a better option there right now against a LHP? Perez? I think you could make a case for Grandal, but that's about it.

I would make the case for Grandal, and the fact that he’s a switch hitter makes it even better for when the Dodgers go to the bullpen.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Fair enough. Could go either way. But could you have an adverse effect on Aguilar’s performance going forward by “demoting” him? You’d never know but possible. Grandal doesn’t care. Sometimes a manager has to think that way too.

So, Hill and Ryu are hurt, and Kershaw won’t be making his season debut until next week, but the Dodgers are still able to find lefties to throw at the Brewers.

Why do they have a seemingly endless supply of southpaw starters, but the Brewers can’t come up with one?

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Why MUST Jesus hit 4th?

Time to move him down to hit 7th until the guy figures out how to hit again.

(I'm sure he goes yard tonight just to prove me wrong.)

Probably because if you look at deeper stats he really isn't doing that poorly. He has one of the biggest differences between batted ball quality and batted ball results on the year. It isn't amazing or anything but it really isn't anywhere near as bad as it looks if you stick to superficial stats that aren't at all predictive.

You'd think the umpires union would be concerned about the safety of these plate umps getting hit in the face all the time...maybe they should do something about that...

Come to think of it, the field umps are in danger too...can't have that...

You'd think the umpires union would be concerned about the safety of these plate umps getting hit in the face all the time...maybe they should do something about that...

Come to think of it, the field umps are in danger too...can't have that...

I’ve never heard of an automated strike zone getting a concussion. Just sayin’...

Archived