Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 playoffs Rd 1 vs Detroit Pistons

DuWayne Steurer
So do we know when round 2 starts? Everything I'm finding makes it look like they have to wait for the entire round to be completed for East and West before they announce dates?

I saw some speculating that we'll be able to go Saturday since so few series will go 7 games, if any. I know in the past they've allowed game 1s the same day as game 7s. Don't recall for sure if there has been game 1s the day before though but my guess is there has been. It should be Sunday at the latest though and some hoops nerds best guess in Saturday.

I'm hoping it's announced tomorrow though after some series close out tonight.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw somewhere that the better seed wins approximately 80% of the time in the NBA postseason.

To get a similar success rate the NFL would have to change to a best of 11 series, the NHL a best of 51 series & MLB a best of 75 series.

That's because the NBA has always been a league of stars, even before they started playing with each other on super teams. If you had Michael Jordan, or Karl Malone, or Magic Johnson, or Kareem, you were going to be a top seed, and you were going to win most of the time. One guy can't dictate a game like that in any of those other sports. It only becomes unpredictable when they have to play each other.

I prefer seeing the better teams win, but I agree that it can make the playoffs kind of predictable and boring. I don't like the idea of having shorter series though, because playoff basketball is great and, like I said, it gives the better team a better chance of winning.

They just need a little more parity. A hard salary cap would help a lot. I also think the effect of superstar players is magnified by officials favoring superstars and would like to see them make intentional changes to that paradigm. Superstars will continue to have a huge effect on the game, but at least that would keep it from snow-balling out of control, and a hard cap would make it harder for them to keep their supporting casts and be a de facto final four team every single year.

I don't know. Seems there's plenty of parity these days. Still usually a twam or two at the top, but its always been that way. At least you dont have a team dominating for a decade like the Celtics did years ago.

Every team has the best chance to keep their own superstar. If they lose him, pretty much their own fault. Also, these super teams fail more than they succeed. And its not all bad having one or two great teams every year. Celts/Lakers, Bulls/Pistons, Warriors/Cavs, etc. That was some great ball for all fans.

I dont mind tweaking the system, not sure if hard cap is the way to go though. Maybe.

Archived