Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Angels (Peña) [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Giving up 4 runs in 3rd inning proves the difference; Shaw day-to-day after HBP on hand]

Eye Black
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hiura has a homer and a double tonight. Heating up down there in AAA as Shaw had to leave the game. Although x-rays negative.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hiura has a homer and a double tonight. Heating up down there in AAA as Shaw had to leave the game. Although x-rays negative.

It certainly wouldn't be the fun option, but I imagine we would see Spangenberg before Hiura.

If Shaw were to be out an extended period of time, Spongeberger would be the wrong choice, fun or not.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Woodruff is not a starter ... can be a good reliever, though, IMHO.

I think Woodruff is a starter, but going through similar growing pains to what Jimmy Nelson did at the same age.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Out of the 3 young dudes Woodruff is the only one that profiles as a clear starter. Burnes and Peralta are both basically 2 pitch guys who have to overcome their weaknesses to have any chance to stick in the rotation. Woodruff has a true starter arsenal.

I think Woodruff is a starter, but going through similar growing pains to what Jimmy Nelson did at the same age.

I agree and you are going to have to allow him to learn. The answer can't be to just turn around and throw him in the pen when he has a chance to be a starter. Unfortunately, the fact that we have three of them is probably going to mean we take a step back this year.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I agree and you are going to have to allow him to learn. The answer can't be to just turn around and throw him in the pen when he has a chance to be a starter. Unfortunately, the fact that we have three of them is probably going to mean we take a step back this year.

I agree, and I think that's a big reason they made the upgrades to the lineup. They likely knew they would need to score more runs this year to stay in contention.

This team needs a solid vet starter. I love the young guys too but this year is not going to end well with the ip and down nature of young pitchers. It doesn't make sense to have a veteran win now lineup and pitching that can't get through 5 innings. Not to mention a thin bullpen. I don't get what's the plan. Try to win 10-8 every night? Something has to be done. This division is there to be won but you need reinforcements.

Archived