Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Angels (Peña) [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Giving up 4 runs in 3rd inning proves the difference; Shaw day-to-day after HBP on hand]

Eye Black

40612494073_c7bf0ea1ce_c.jpg

40612494243_e29debba8f_c.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Angels Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Kole Calhoun (L) RF

2. Christian Yelich (L) DH 2. Andrelton Simmons ® SS

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Justin Bour (L) 1B

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Albert Pujols ® DH

5. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B 5. Brian Goodwin (L) CF

6. Yasmani Grandal (S) C 6. Taylor Ward ® 3B

7. Eric Thames (L) 1B 7. Tommy La Stella (L) 2B

8. Ben Gamel (L) RF 8. Kevan Smith ® C

9. Orlando Arcia ® SS 9. David Fletcher ® LF[/pre]

Brandon Woodruff: Batter (Angels) vs Pitching Stats

Félix Peña: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight I hope Woodruff will pitch a good game and get a hit. I also hope Travis and Jesus get going tonight. They are in terrible slumps. Having said that without knowing the lineup they might not even be in the lineup. But one can hope.

Well, Woodruff definitely won't be in the lineup.

He obviously won't hit tonight with the DH at their disposal, but so far the Brewers pitchers have combined to hit an impressive .333 BA / .391 OBP / .476 SLG / .867 OPS (24 plate appearances).

Lineups are posted.

Obviously anything can happen in any given game with two major league teams facing off. That being said, if the Brewers lose this game versus that Angels lineup I will be disappointed.

Damn it! I want him playing against the Cubs and Cards...

Mike Trout (groin) may not be ready for Friday's game against the Cubs.

Trout is out of the lineup on Wednesday, and while he reportedly is feeling better than he did on Tuesday and the Angels have an off-day on Thursday, there's no lock that he'll be ready to roll on Friday in Wrigley Field. A trip to the injured list can't be ruled out, but for now, Trout should still be considered day-to-day for the Halos.

Source: Orange County Register

Apr 10, 2019, 7:05 PM

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Damn it! I want him playing against the Cubs and Cards...

Mike Trout (groin) may not be ready for Friday's game against the Cubs.

Trout is out of the lineup on Wednesday, and while he reportedly is feeling better than he did on Tuesday and the Angels have an off-day on Thursday, there's no lock that he'll be ready to roll on Friday in Wrigley Field. A trip to the injured list can't be ruled out, but for now, Trout should still be considered day-to-day for the Halos.

Source: Orange County Register

Apr 10, 2019, 7:05 PM

Get well soon, Mike.

Brewers have been willing to do unconventional things, why not tinker more withe lineup? Book says you keep a guy in a certain spot for at least 3-4 weeks before you think about moving him.

Why? Why not move Grandal up to 3 as long as he's hot, move Shaw down to 7 or, 8 etc.? You could change guys every couple of days in theory to keep hot guys near the top. Whats so sacred about a set lineup?

Coming into tonight Braun, Shaw, and Aguilar have combined to go 0-for-25 with 13 strikeouts and 1 walk in this series. Hopefully that reverses course tonight for Braun and Shaw.

Archived