Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-08: Brewers (Chacín) at Angels (Cahill) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Middle of the order struggles as Braun, Shaw, Aguilar combine to go 0-for-12 with 8 strikeouts]

Eye Black
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
With regular playing time I would venture to argue that Thames should start over Aguilar.

That's probably going to happen

I'd venture to guess if neither one starts hitting more consistently, we're going to see either Dubon or Hiura up and playing 2B, and Moose/Shaw manning 3B/1B.

With regular playing time I would venture to argue that Thames should start over Aguilar.

That's probably going to happen

I'd venture to guess if neither one starts hitting more consistently, we're going to see either Dubon or Hiura up and playing 2B, and Moose/Shaw manning 3B/1B.

I mean Thames came into today with a .267 AVG and an OPS north of .900

Really hasn’t had much of a chance.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I mean Thames came into today with a .267 AVG and an OPS north of .900

Really hasn’t had much of a chance.

That's true. I'm not saying Thames doesn't deserve an opportunity to see what he can do with more playing time. I'm just doubting he'd be all that much better if given that consistent time. It'd be great if he did take advantage, though.

boy those were ugly AB's from Braun and Yelich. You don't see Yelich hacking with two strikes very much.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

How's the Angels' pitching?

The type that the rest of baseball regularly takes to the wood-shed and likely will look like a group of Cy Young candidates to the Brewers...

Aside from Moustakas, this is pretty prescient so far. Cahill making Yelich and Braun look silly that last inning.

Community Moderator

What do Shaw's numbers look like?

xAVG is .194 and generally has been in the .250 range for his career. Also has only one barrell and a low launch angle. His xwOBA is .301 which is about league average and is mostly due to the good BB percentage.

His actual OBP was .359 coming into tonight which surprised me.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Frustrating game to watch. Angels with a total of 3 hits, two of them just happen to leave the yard (by two guys with very little power no less). Brewers offense on the other hand leaving a lot to be desired these past few innings. As others have said, taking a lot of hittable pitches and swinging at stuff way out of the zone.

Shaw and Aguilar need to get it going - no power OR average from either one. Kinda killing the middle of the order. Still a few cracks yet here, let's hope they get it going when Cahill comes out .

I don’t know if I’ll make it another three innings. Blah.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived