Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-07: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Hader retires 8 straight for a save on his birthday]

Eye Black
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was such a cool interaction between Counsell and Maddon

I like to think of it as a pick your poison for Maddon.

Can someone fill me in? Not watching right now.

Counsell had Braun in the on deck circle for Hader and Maddon intentionally walked Yelich to force his hand. After Counsell pulled Braun back and sent Hader out Counsell had a huge grin on his face and Maddon had a wry smile and nod to Counsell.

Is it just me or are innings extremely overrated for RPs? Isn’t pitch count what should matter most? What’s really the difference between a pitcher coming in for 1 inning & throwing 35 pitches as compared to a guy going out & throwing 35 pitches in 3 innings? Was Wilson’s 1 inning (0.2 IP really) any different than Hader going 3 with same amount of pitches?

I had a debate with a buddy who is a Cub fan who claimed Brewers are going to burn out Hader’s arm & guaranteed that he’d be injured by mid season. I completely disagreed with that. Brewers have strict schedule for him & amount of pitches matter more on the arm than innings.

To me 35 in an inning is far worse as far as taxing an arm. Multiple inning appearances at least give you the break between pitches.

Just unreal, may be the best weapon in MLB.

I think our upcoming opponents may disagree....but damn, love having that guy...and just as he's starting tot enter his prime years.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

How about we just score about nine runs and not worry about the pitching situation?

That would be POURING on, and this team never does that. Or so I'm told.

Coach Cooper is all for pouring it on though. He is known throughout the land as a coach who will pour it on when needed...

Oh Coach Cooper would never let his foot off the gas. True that.

Counsell had Braun in the on deck circle for Hader and Maddon intentionally walked Yelich to force his hand. After Counsell pulled Braun back and sent Hader out Counsell had a huge grin on his face and Maddon had a wry smile and nod to Counsell.

Ahh....I can envision that interaction. Thank you.

Think they could use him for an inning on Weds possibly......these were the only pitches he has thrown in 4 days.......managers always talk about the wear and tear of getting guys up multiple days in a row.....that isn't the case with Hader.

Oh Coach Cooper would never let his foot off the gas. True that.

Does ANY baseball coach let his foot off the gas? It's baseball. What would you do, tell the hitters to not get hits.

I had a coach who at a point would tell us no more stolen bases, not to take strikes and stop at 2nd unless it's over the fence, but that was if we were up like 10 in AAU.

Nice series win, but this probably means we can't see Hader until Friday...

Not sure where this comes from. He threw 36 pitches today and Wednesday will be over three full days of rest.

Last year he threw 41 pitches on April 6th and came back and threw 30 on April 9th. He threw 39 on May 5th and then 26 on May 8th. He threw 30 on May 22nd and 31 on May 25th. He threw 35 on June 11th and 18 on June 13th. He threw 33 on July 21st and came back two days later and threw 10. He threw 27 on August 24th and 21 on August 26th and then 24 more on August 29th. He threw 35 on September 7th and 24 on September 10th. He threw 26 on September 21st, 27 on September 24th, 19 on September 26th and 22 on September 28th.

Is it just me or are innings extremely overrated for RPs? Isn’t pitch count what should matter most? What’s really the difference between a pitcher coming in for 1 inning & throwing 35 pitches as compared to a guy going out & throwing 35 pitches in 3 innings? Was Wilson’s 1 inning (0.2 IP really) any different than Hader going 3 with same amount of pitches?

I had a debate with a buddy who is a Cub fan who claimed Brewers are going to burn out Hader’s arm & guaranteed that he’d be injured by mid season. I completely disagreed with that. Brewers have strict schedule for him & amount of pitches matter more on the arm than innings.

To me 35 in an inning is far worse as far as taxing an arm. Multiple inning appearances at least give you the break between pitches.

I thought the belief in the baseball world was that it was more taxing for a reliever to get get back up for each inning. Meaning they get loose, pitch, now for a reliever not used to it, they sit back down, pitch another inning and that was the biggest factor in determining risk vs just pitch total.

Great to get the series win over the Cubs. Hader is unbelievable, but they can’t ride him this hard for the whole season.

I would be surprised if he appears at all against the Angels. Obviously it will depend on how Wednesday’s game plays out.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Great Managing by Counsell with shut-down Hader for the guaranteed win! Division opponent, these are 2 game swings and next opponent will be LA Angels not division. How many times has that been argued here? play to win vs your division more than winning outside the division. Great Job.

Has anyone seen news reports or videos of the numerous fights over the weekend? Cubs fans are the absolute worst, stuff like this is why I enjoy their team sucking more than I enjoy the Brewers playing well.

I am guessing the Cubs fans are a little salty over starting the season poorly. I am sure Brewers fans let them hear about it.

Archived