Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-07: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Hader retires 8 straight for a save on his birthday]

Eye Black
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
The food news is Hader getting Bryant and Rizzo to get out of the seventh. The bad news is there won’t be anyone to get out of the ninth.

Need 3 or 4 more runs.

Hader says hello!

Yeah, I would be pretty shocked if Hader isn’t out there for the long haul at this point. He hasn’t pitched since Tuesday, will likely go the distance here and be unavailable until later in the week.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The food news is Hader getting Bryant and Rizzo to get out of the seventh. The bad news is there won’t be anyone to get out of the ninth.

Need 3 or 4 more runs.

Lets see how quickly Harder can get through the 8th. He may get the 9th if he has a quick, easy inning.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Need 3 or 4 more runs.

Hader says hello!

Yeah, I would be pretty shocked if Hader isn’t out there for the long haul at this point. He hasn’t pitched since Tuesday, will likely go the distance here and be unavailable until later in the week.

Not ideal, but without another run or two at least, it may be the best option. Otherwise...Albers? He'd have to be the next option, right?

I hate that Hader will have to go essentially three innings today.

Yeah, I'm sure nobody in the organization likes that.

He came in where he was supposed to come in and the plan was to back him up with Wahl, Knebel and JJ.

The best-laid plans....

Is Orange Vanilla Coke gross? Because it sounds gross.

I may have garbage taste because I don't find it all that gross. It would be much better if it didn't have the vanilla in it though.

When I was young, my family would travel to Germany and they had a soda called Mezzo Mix which is coke mixed with orange soda. You can still make it on those Coke Freestyle machines.

I’d like to see Anderson pitch the 9th.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

How about Burnes for an inning? Then sit him until Friday.

Not a bad thought but the young starters are gonna have a hard enough time without jerking them around like that. I wouldn't do it.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

How about Burnes for an inning? Then sit him until Friday.

I'd much rather roll the dice with Barnes than Burnes. Burnes pitched yesterday. Maybe if there were one more day between outings and they told him...and it wasn't April 7th. Not that getting these wins now and kicking the Cubs while they're down and pilling up the wins while our BP is a mess isn't extremely important. Just not "pitch Burnes out of the pen," type important at this point.

Is Orange Vanilla Coke gross? Because it sounds gross.

Don't know. Sounds awful. Coke seems like a company that just needs to stop messing with its main product. It's like twice as popular as the next couple of brands. Plus they have that Fanta if you really need strongly carbonated orange flavored soda. It'd be like Mark A trying to work with Yelich on his swing or Lasry showing Giannis how HE likes a good Euro step done.

That was such a cool interaction between Counsell and Maddon

I like to think of it as a pick your poison for Maddon.

Can someone fill me in? Not watching right now.

Is it just me or are innings extremely overrated for RPs? Isn’t pitch count what should matter most? What’s really the difference between a pitcher coming in for 1 inning & throwing 35 pitches as compared to a guy going out & throwing 35 pitches in 3 innings? Was Wilson’s 1 inning (0.2 IP really) any different than Hader going 3 with same amount of pitches?

I had a debate with a buddy who is a Cub fan who claimed Brewers are going to burn out Hader’s arm & guaranteed that he’d be injured by mid season. I completely disagreed with that. Brewers have strict schedule for him & amount of pitches matter more on the arm than innings.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

How about we just score about nine runs and not worry about the pitching situation?

That would be POURING on, and this team never does that. Or so I'm told.

Coach Cooper is all for pouring it on though. He is known throughout the land as a coach who will pour it on when needed...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived