Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-07: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Hader retires 8 straight for a save on his birthday]

Eye Black
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our bullpen needs some bolstering. Can't only count on Hader. Big miss this offseason by pulling away from our strength and not really replacing anyone.

To be fair, they lost their likely closer and a key late inning guy for the season in spring training, and one of their key guys last year is slowly working his way back. You can't sign everyone to put on the roster

Our bullpen needs some bolstering. Can't only count on Hader. Big miss this offseason by pulling away from our strength and not really replacing anyone.

To be fair, they lost their likely closer and a key late inning guy for the season in spring training, and one of their key guys last year is slowly working his way back. You can't sign everyone to put on the roster

You're being more than fair, you're being logical. From what I've been told, the IGTs are not a place for logic.

I’m pretty sure I’d rather have Hader’s bullpen tosses over what Claudio is throwing right now.

It's just hard to trust a guy who throws 6 pitches in an AB and can't crack 85 with any of them.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

You're being more than fair, you're being logical. From what I've been told, the IGTs are not a place for logic.

You can hardly fault Stearns for not planning for Knebel and Jeffress going down, but I was in the camp that was hoping we'd add a guy like Ottavino to further bolster the BP in the off-season. It'd have been a luxury move, but a better move IMO than trying to fit Moose in at 2nd base.

Of course Wahl also went down. Perhaps Stearns thought he was going to be a viable high leverage reliever without spending the money.

Wow, 2.2 from Hader? Thanks Claudio.

Certainly not ideal this early in the season, but 7-2 right now feels like stealing a little bit. If you can put the Cubs away and drop them to 2-8.....

I’m pretty sure I’d rather have Hader’s bullpen tosses over what Claudio is throwing right now.

It's just hard to trust a guy who throws 6 pitches in an AB and can't crack 85 with any of them.

Tough on lefties, maybe should stay mostly a Loogy

The food news is Hader getting Bryant and Rizzo to get out of the seventh. The bad news is there won’t be anyone to get out of the ninth.

Need 3 or 4 more runs.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The food news is Hader getting Bryant and Rizzo to get out of the seventh. The bad news is there won’t be anyone to get out of the ninth.

Need 3 or 4 more runs.

Don't have to face them in the 9th if we don't give them baserunners.

Archived